Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Video in mattertags - krispy kreme4077

Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
Look at the awesome mattertags

http://www.krispykreme.com/AngelGroveGrandOpening
Post 1 IP   flag post
srennick private msg quote post Address this user
@RobinLycka
I was just going to post this. Incredible. I need this now.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
The mattertags are amazing. The open/closed on the top is insane. Did I miss the thread on how to do this or could someone please start one. I have about 10 before and afters this would be perfect for!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
@htimsabbub23 it's a custom dev by matterport, but it shows that they have it in the works šŸ˜Š
Post 4 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
@RobinLycka AMAZING! SUPER!
Post 5 IP   flag post
CelisNet private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, amazing use of mattertags, great job!
Post 6 IP   flag post
LewisBishop private msg quote post Address this user
Now I have to run out and pickup a box of Krispy Creams! I'll send Matterport a box so they can use the sugar rush to get this out to all of us!

Post 7 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
VERY cool!
Post 8 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
@RobinLycka a custom development by Matterport that they are using to do Matterport models directly to customers? Wow this goes well beyond trying to sell cameras to our customers!

So I guess that you cannot go to a McDonalds or anywhere else and offer your services because they will ask for the same thing and you cannot offer it because it is a "custom develpment by Matterport". I donĀ“t get it.

Now, talking about the model itself:

- Did they use models that had to be frozen during the entire session? Considering the Matterport speed it should have taken at least 45 to 60 minutes to make it, if not more.

Interesting development.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
It says "Presented by VRlisting.com".

Are they simply a Matterport Service Partner who got early access to next level Mattertags through Matterport in order to create this, or did they "jail break" the Matterport code to do it?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D I am wondering the same thing? Website shows they are in Toronto.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@jfantin / @Queen_City_3D - VRListing.com is an MSP in Canada. They asked Matterport VERY nicely to work with them, Krispy Kreme, and Lion's Gate (Power Rangers) to allow them to embed images in Mattertags.

@htimsabbub23 The on and off switch is functionality similar to how WP3D Models is intelligently floating elements over Matterport tours. If you were to scan two different models and wanted a toggle, it would be quite easy to do! In addition, the framing page has a simple <audio> tag with a looping WAV file.

--

I helped at the initial stages of this project to make a mockup using MatterPlus. As MatterPlus is in violation of the TOS and uses code injection and proxying to accomplish these feats, it was not in ANY WAY useful for anything beyond a PROOF-OF-CONCEPT.

http://www.matterapps.com/pr/

^^ The MatterTags here are now powered by Matterport's custom MatterTag embeds. I did, however, create a custom 'Start Tour' with animations that match the Power Rangers movie site. If that had made it to the final version, I'd have bought myself a steak dinner to celebrate.

--

Summary:

* Matterport made a custom version of showcase for these tours that adds a bit of code to allow images hosted by Matterport and videos hosted by YouTube.

* Matterport have hardwired these tours to load the custom version of showcase.

* There are no beta 'flags' set on this user's account like there have been in the past for things like Mattertag links and VR.

* Rita Repulsa is a jerk for destroying Krispy Kreme.

Theory:

* Matterport have manually created elements that we may get to use in the near future!!!!!!!

* Matterport have created infrastructure to upload images in Portal wherein they are assigned IDs just like tours, images, and everything else that is stored there!!!!!

* The code in the custom version of Showcase is NOT in the current version of Showcase. I am heartened to know that it's DONE and that it's READY to add to a public version when they have all of the infrastructure done!

* Matterport has made a public announcement that the new UI changes to the Portal will continue for the next few weeks. They added exporting CSV stats and I'm sure that a lot of things will be appearing since there's a focus on portal right now. I'm hoping to see this too!!!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
VRPM private msg quote post Address this user
very good use, love it. How on earth did they get all the people in it to remain in the same position the whole time? Or is there some more trickery going on here?
Post 13 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you @Metroplex360, I knew you were going to add clarity to this! I was just waiting for your post

Let's hope they add these features very soon. I liked them and I am sure the rest of the comunity will agree on this.

@VRPM take a look at the ""Elegy" episode of The Twilight Zone. Maybe Krispy Kreme has a shop in Happy Glades (You will know what I mean if you watch the episode).
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360
Our JuMP-player can provide far beyond what you saw at
http://www.krispykreme.com/AngelGroveGrandOpening

Who can provide link of a space similar to "AngelGroveGrandOpening" with tags?
Make sure you are the author and we will make your a PROOF-OF-CONCEPT.

Please don't provide a very big space.
So that the access can be faster.

JuMP team from China
Post 15 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@VRPM I'm just guessing that these were paid extras As they managed to capture the Krispy Kreme before AND after the destruction, Lion's Gate's hand is certainly in this. If you notice, there aren't any ugly people in the restaurant

@jfantin I hope they add this feature too!! Adding images to MatterTags was one of my favorite little proof-of-concept hacks I did with MatterPlus and it's made a lot of people really want this feature. If everything I did in MatterPlus becomes possible without wizardry and hacks, I'm going to be very happy

@JuMP JuMP Player sounds like MatterPlus 2.0 I'm excited to see what you're up to!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@JuMP You are displayed as a 3rd party service what is the service you offer?
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@Helen Our service is still under beta test. Will be released soon. Thank you.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 would you explain more of how you would set up the before and after button. even if it's an overlay that I could do using a third party service. I do have use WP3D if that is helpful at all. Inbox me if easier.

Thanks
Post 19 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome, bring it on Matterport!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by htimsabbub23
@Metroplex360 would you explain more of how you would set up the before and after button. even if it's an overlay that I could do using a third party service. I do have use WP3D if that is helpful at all. Inbox me if easier.

Thanks

view-source:http://www.krispykreme.com/AngelGroveGrandOpening
(Hit CTRL/CMD+U to view Source)

If in Chrome, see lines 67 - 93.

There's a main container, and in it are 3 other containers.

The page has CSS rules for the page itself and the main container.

html, body, #power-rangers-main {
height: 100%;
margin: 0px;
padding: 0px;
overflow: hidden;
}

This translates to -- make the page the full height of the window without margins.' -- and make the main container the same size.

Then --

Inside Container #1 is positioned at the top left and contains the open/closed button. When clicked, it loads a new page with a different image there. Simple.

Inside Container #2 is positioned at the top right and contains VR Listings' logo.

Inside Containers #1 and #2 have CSS to position them on the screen, and then z-index: 1000 to make sure they appear ON TOP of the Matterport Tour.

Inside Container #3 is the Matterport Tour IFRAME embed that everyone is familiar with. It's set at width=100% and height=100%. As the other CSS was used, it knows to fill the area.

--

WP3D Models uses similar techniques to overlay a logo and to have the beautiful custom load screen that one clicks that is followed by their Matterport tour with &qs=1

--

Now, all of this is quite simple to a web developer who frequently uses HTML and CSS. If you aren't a web developer or you are used to turnkey solutions, this might sound a bit complicated.

I've often referred people to this AWESOME example of creative embedding to extend a Matterport Tour. In this case, a mini-map was overlaid that is clickable and opens up different sections of multiple tours -- each link goes to a different spot:

http://www.artparis.com/en/gallery_virtual_visit/A20

--

If anyone has a particular embedding need similar to these, I can certainly help.
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360

And, BTW, it's annoying that Matterport does not acknoweldge your pioneering innovation in the use of their tech.

For example, in this Matterport blog post, they write:

"But most importantly, it was a first trial run using rich media Mattertagā„¢ Posts as a custom developer-led build, bringing video and photography content inside of a Matterport Space. This custom effort - which is not yet available to the public - represented countless hours of work from both partners. This launch marked a huge milestone for native brand integration and the evolution of Matterportā€™s technology."

Hello? Hello? Hello?

Your MatterPlus service was the first trial run ...

(Many We Get Around Network Standard and Premium Members got to beta test MatterPlus as early as November 2016 before @Metroplex360 gifted it to the We Get Around Network Forum Community - Free!)

Dan
Post 22 IP   flag post
101735 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?