Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AirbnbBusiness PlanCapture AppEmbedMarketing

Matterport sign deal with airbnb4057

Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
That got your attention didn't it

Sorry it's NOT true - YET

But I really think we should mobilise ourselves.

Have a look at the below figures published yesterday, 2.3 million listings worldwide - whhaaaaaa!!

Here is a link to the page I got the figures off clickable text

Surely Matterport marketing team can see that if they were able to come to an arrangement with airbnb that the MSP's worldwide order book would sore and in turn matterports monthly revenue. I know we have talked about it before but I think something needs done.

I was thinking of starting an online petition, but I thought I would ask you folks who would be the best company to petition.

Should it be Matterport asking them to talk to airbnb
or should we petition airbnb and show them that we have MSP worldwide ready to serve their network with virtual tours, all they need to do is configure their host portal to allow them to include a link or allow them to embed

Whats your thoughts?

I am in Belfast and don't stand to benefit anywhere nearly as much as many of you but surely this is a no brainer.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Miami Beach, FL
AerialLook private msg quote post Address this user
We have had correspondence with Chip Conley head of global hospitality for Airbnb. They are def interested in the tech and have already tested one market. Awaiting feedback on extending efforts.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
How long ago was the correspondence?

This article from 2 months suggests Chip is on his way out. Maybe a new contact or angle is required

clickable text
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@3dshowcaseuk

You had me at:
Matterport sign deal with airbnb

Seems like if Matterport focused on opportunities like these, it would generate a huge demand for Matterport Pros - and help sell cameras

Just sayin'

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Miami Beach, FL
AerialLook private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
Cool, sounds promising.

I still think matterport as a company should be taking the lead on this and even funding airbnb to make it happen. The return will be 100 fold +
Post 6 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
ArtisticConcepts private msg quote post Address this user
Just thinking out loud here, but would there be any advantage to search Airbnb for some local owners in each of our respective service areas, show them the tech, and offer them a reason to reach out to Airbnb requesting the feature as existing clients.

There may be negative effects, but I don't immediately see them, other than potentially wasted effort, but isn't that a risk we always take with a sales pitch?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
I think we would be relying on the airbnb hosts to do the work, i believe that if enough of us worldwide show airbnb that we can service their whole network then we may see some movement

Airbnb already have a network of photographers for their stills. Surely its just a matter of replicating this with MSP's

I think if an arrangement between matterport and airbnb was to come about with a sensible pricing structure then we would all win!

Come on Mattterport Marketing or Sales, stop trying to sell cameras to Real Estate agents and strike a deal with the biggest rental portal on the planet and watch the bottom line sore!

This would also put matterport into the public eye more than ever before, everyone knows airbnb and most people have used it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
I talked to Chip about this a couple years ago (!) and he put me in touch with somebody there and we had a phone meeting about getting Matterport support/integration with AirBnB. They were really interested but had other immediate priorities. I followed up him (not Chip) several times but got no further response.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
If you can have have success to that point, surely matterport should be able to open doors.

If you are reading this matterport get on it
Post 10 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
Latest news on Google and Matterport to be released after market close today. clickable text
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@TrustedPhotoDC

HaHa!

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
@TrustedPhotoDoc funny
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
How about we stop sharing Matterport links directly that anyone could grab and share as their own! Then build our own landing sites/pages with our tours embedded as landing pages for users to view the Matterport tours off of AirBnB. Then hit up the AirBnB area managers or property managers in our area to showcase our offerings to share with their listings.

Last week, I shot an AirBnB listing that wanted Matterport, but didn't want others in the building to have access to his images and tour to showcase as their own. (easy for someone else to steal just the Matterport link if they know how to take the Matterport link and share). Screw waiting for the big guys to do the work. Offer our abilities to help the client!

With this embed feature, we could block the ability to allow other AirBnB users to download images, but cannot stop them from getting the Matterport link if they are smart enough to get it off out page if they understand embed.

We create an extra hurdle for the thief to go through to steal, if they are smart enough and drive more traffic to our own sites.

Our +'s are more traffic to our pages through AirBnB today with the tour link, the Matterport link isn't out there for everybody and we have a huge pool to market to immediately without leaving the house.

I see no reason to WAIT for AirBnB to ok Matterport or for Matterport to create a lead portal through themselves or WeGetAround to create a list of pro's. (no offense Dan).

We could easily offer our services with tools from @rpetersn and @metroplex360 to build these pages.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
IT´s this recurring catch22 scenario with all the portals, they will not build support until there´s volume to push out and we can´t get volumes because there´s no portal distribution.

I´ve been in touch directly with Joe Gebbia (co-founder) but he had no news to share other than the public news about the Sonoma select test project between Matterport and Airbnb. Matterport did some adaptations as required by Airbnb (e.g. can´t place contact info in the model, branding etc.)

I´ve also tried pushing on their support department with 4 flats I have on airbnb.

Here´s a crazy suggestion though - how about if all forum members publish their own home on AirBnb (no availability) and send a support request with a Matterport link attached, I´m pretty sure you all have scanned your own house as the first model anyway
Post 15 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
Damn, I got Rick Rolled!
Post 16 IP   flag post
101736 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?