Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D Showcase

Magic! Matterport logo disappear!405

alegonzabot private msg quote post Address this user
Hey MUG!

I ve just found these website using Matterport Technology, and if you place close attention, the Matterport logo is not shown. What do you think these guys ar doing these? Is any one doing similar practices?

Check it out here:

http://www.albertoalvarez.com/albalva/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=category&id=58&Itemid=290

Cheers!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Alegonzabot!

My WP3D Models WordPress plugin does this very thing...and so much more.

http://wp3dmodels.com

Please reach out to me if you have any questions.

Thanks! Ross
Post 2 IP   flag post
alegonzabot private msg quote post Address this user
@rpetersn

Thansk for sharing! did you notice that the embeded information is embeded in an aditional iframe which makes hard to see the matterport logo when loading. Also if you check the webs source code you wont find the common iframes suggested to use.

Cheers!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
I feel like I should note that the way in which the Matterport logo is being obscured in this example goes against the "terms" of use that we (Matterport customers) have all agreed to. The solution here is similar to a number of others that have popped up in the past, all of which just cover up the Matterport logo during the model loading process. Not "legal" and not mobile friendly either.
Post 4 IP   flag post
crullier private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone formally approached Matterport about the logo?
in reality it almost seems as if they do not want 3rd parties does the tours.

In addition, If I am a realtor and publish a matterport SC, why would I want my competitor to see what I am using? where is the competitive advantage?

I like their technology, but they need to help us be a little more competitive. Or do you guys think I am wrong?
Post 5 IP   flag post
ScanDimensions private msg quote post Address this user
There is a white label option coming soon. But for now, it's in all of our best interests for the logo to stay.

Anytime there is ground-breaking technology or an industry-changing marketing tool, there are copy-cats soon to follow. The Matterport logo is a badge of authenticity and shows your customers that your scans are safe, effective, and of the highest quality.

Do you search something or Google? Blow your nose on a tissue or Kleenex? Etc. etc.

Use of the logo also lets you take advantage of Matterport's extensive and well-managed ad spend and support.

I know I sound like a company man here, and yes, I have a unique vested interest in Matterport's success, however, what I'm saying is Marketing 101... latch onto the leader and let them take you on the ride!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Then allow users to put their logo along side. "powered by Matterport" for instance.
Post 7 IP   flag post
ScanDimensions private msg quote post Address this user
From what I understand, that's what's coming in the white label option.

For now, there's nothing that stops you from adding your logo to the site in which the Matterport is embedded, nor is it a violation of use to add your logo to a landing page or design element.
Post 8 IP   flag post
yes, its a work around really. Not ideal. The "white label" options should have been available since day one in my opinion. I need to market my company as well more so than my equipment.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
or simply use showcaseskins.com :P

@ScanDimensions I agree that we need to leverage more on the marketing brand name of Matterport. After all they spend lots of time and money promoting 3D technology so why not 'piggy back' on that.
Post 10 IP   flag post
al9901 private msg quote post Address this user
@Marcel @ScanDimensions Good advice.

There will be plenty of options in the coming months; the new 2.0 showcase and the API. Better to work with Matterport on things that can add value for both parties than a shortcut that could ultimate upset your clients when it is removed.
Post 11 IP   flag post
al9901 private msg quote post Address this user
@alegonzabot

This looks pretty shoddy IMO. Unless you know the showcase is by Matterport, you wouldn't know there was a fullscreen option. The bar along the bottom makes the showcase very narrow.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101429 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?