Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street View

Matterport versus Google View4015

Standard
Portage, MI
Senojev private msg quote post Address this user
I'm getting ready to make a pitch to a large potential client who is currently using Google View. Looking at his current models, I see very little difference in Google image quality on an iPad between similar scans I've done on the Matterport. Navigation appears to be better with the Matterport and Google transitions are not as smooth. Are my conclusions valid to use in my pitch? I know my pricing is much better than for Google. Any ideas on how I can counter the argument that Matterport does not have the Google pin?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Post 1 IP   flag post
douglogan private msg quote post Address this user
Use a service like MP2SV to take your Matterport tour and add it to Google Business View too: now you're offering more value to your client!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Senojev

Google Street View viewership is off-the-charts and it's where people are searching – Google Maps (not on the business website).

MP2SV offered Matterport to Google Street View conversion and publishing, until Matterport asked MP2SV Developer @Metroplex360 to stop offering it.

I imagine that Matterport is working on a 1-click button to publish to Google Street View.

Until then, I would pitch clients that were not already offering Google Street View.

I know this is not the answer you were looking for. Perhaps others can help you.

Dan

Post 3 IP   flag post
fragache private msg quote post Address this user
Excuse my ignorance, I'm new in this and I would like to know if I do a 360 scan to a business how I can publish it to a Street view in Google maps and make money out of it? I'm trying to create an idea for a future business and I would like to have some idea in what to offer to my future costumes. Also, any of you have tried before InsideMaps? How do you compare it against Matterport?

P.S: English is not my first language please I'm sorry for the inconvenience it may cause. Thanks
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@fragache Businesses like Street View Business View (aka 'See Inside Tours') because their Google local listing will display with a 'See Inside' icon that launches a virtual tour directly from Google.

Offering an enhanced tour via Matterport or iGuide with the added value of a Street View tour is an EXCELLENT way to get businesses to adopt these technologies.

Unfortunately, yes, the Matterport Terms of Service states that extraction of the panoramas and publishing of the panoramas to Street View is in violation of their terms of service. I had a pretty GREAT turn-key system figured out that combined some clever programming with some good old-fashioned hard work in order to help MSPS SUCCEED FASTER simply by expanding who their clients could be and providing additional revenue streams.

I believe, as Dan does, that with the announcement of Google's new Street View API, which will replace the 'Business View' submission system, that Matterport will likely create their own submission system that will hopefully be automated.

This feature could not come faster as I hear MSPs lose contracts to photographers with other camera systems who are able to provide Street View. This is such a shame.

If you are interested in Google Street View for Matterport -- just keep on requesting it -- keep on posting about it. Keep it as a top request. Matterport do listen to what people want and while it feels that it takes a long time for them to respond, I do think that it can happen with enough support from the community.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101432 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?