Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Matterport Camera is Now $3,6004001

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by @justinv
I just saw on Matterport's website the new price on a camera is $3600. I believe they are taking the sale away but lowering the price. Do you think they will start lowering the price by putting it on sale again to make it $3300? Is it going to be like cell phones and they give you a free camera with a three year contract?

Post 1 IP   flag post
SailAway private msg quote post Address this user
I should have held out, I knew it. I spent full 4500$ but I have it on payment plan. Maybe I could negotiate ?
Post 2 IP   flag post
mikeE private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe it means they are coming out with a new camera that will cost $4500 and they have to lower this price before they release the new one...
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@SailAway

If you bought within the last 30 days, you can write Support and ask for the difference credited back to your cloud account.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
I noticed three used Matterport Cameras for sale on eBay now (6:15 pm ET Wednesday, 1 March 2017).

One used Matterport Camera includes a Buy It Now price of $3,700

Dan

Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailAway
I should have held out, I knew it. I spent full 4500$ but I have it on payment plan. Maybe I could negotiate ?

Matterport hasn't been that price in a while. I would hope that you have made a more than $900 since purchasing it to justify your 'early' adoption of the camera.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
So whats one thats been used for just one month worth without a warrantee (due to warrantees not transferring)? I wouldn't want to pay more than 1/2 price....$1800. Imagine the bill with lets say a power and sensor failure? Has anyone had to pay for a repair outside of warrantee and if so, how much and what was it to fix?
Post 7 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@SailAway

I bought mine when it was $600 off. I inquired about their payment plan and they informed me that you pay full price if they finance it for you. They also informed me that they only do that for real estate brokers with so many people working for them.

I assume you are a broker? You should be able to make that money back fairly easy. Just as @Metroplex360 mentioned. Depending what market you are in, an average scan is at least $300 and hopefully closer to $500. A few scans and you are back to where you need to be.

If you are a broker, do you charge the agents that work for you to scan their listings? I would have thought that brokers would invest in something like this to give their agents another marketing tool. That way it helps to get more listings and the agent doesn't have to pay because the broker makes money off closings from agents. So more closings, more money made for the business.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@justinv

About Matterport Camera leasing, I started this new discussion:

Mattterport Camera Leasing to Brokers

I spotted this (below) on Facebook Wednesday (1 March 2017).

Dan

Post 9 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
That clip art based ad looks like a going out of business sale. Eww.

I do believe that the Matterport Pro Camera still has quite a long life ahead of it before being succeeded by a significantly new model. If I didn't, I'd see this ad as very intentionally marketing and identifying the 'Matterport Pro Camera' as a way of opening the door for a new SKU/Model Name.

If Matterport posted something qualifying like 'Our Revolutionary 3D Scanner' or something more clever than that, I'd not think this.

I don't think there's another camera ready to go into manufacturing ... but boy oh boy... with the new fixed price of $3600 on the Matterport Pro Camera ... the clip art ads, etc. -- I can totally see the next model arriving at $4500 in Q2 2017.

Again, I don't think it exists.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101429 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?