Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,050 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pricing

Defer Some or All of Your Fee to Closing?398

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
One of the related resources I enjoy reading and find very helpful is the excellent Photography for Real Estate blog by Larry.

For example, this post:

Why Not Defer Some or all of Your Real Estate Photography Shoot Fee to closing? ( Monday, 8 June 2015)

The post also includes many detailed comments by real estate photographers.

Feel free to comment below about deferring some or all of your fee to closing, or to the Photography For Real Estate post.

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Wouldn't do it. Best way is to take their credit card details so you can process their payment. If you leave it up to the agent to pay, you will get more headaches..unless you want to be in the debt collection business, if invoice upon completion and a quick payment. Agents make enough commission to pay a few hundred dollars when you are helping them sell the house. They need us
Post 2 IP   flag post
Dvnprt private msg quote post Address this user
In my area most everyone gets paid on the spot.. The home inspector, Radon Inspector, septic,inspector have their hands out as soon as they are finished and sometimes before. I am a Real Estate Broker and take my own pictures and also a new owner of the Matterport camera. I have other agents that have asked me to take pictures for them of their listings and I usually say that I am too busy or say that there will be a fee which usually deters them. I get most of my listings by taking very good pictures and once the word gets out of my 3D tours I am sure they will come calling. I can guarantee you the payment will be up front only. Most of the Real Estate Brokers who will go the extra mile and want to have the professional pictures can afford it. Get your money up front!!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
txgreg66 private msg quote post Address this user
If you charged up front for a scan which the home owner paid for, what would happen if the contract was cancelled or expired?

Would you still host the scan for free?
Would you allow the scan to be transferred to another matterport account holder?

Greg S
Realtor @ eXp Realty
3dhomes.photo
Post 4 IP   flag post
Mikesobay private msg quote post Address this user
I think the custom in the US for residential is the agent pays for marketing and would be the client of the photographer (in Australia, marketing expenses are almost always borne by the seller). The product would belong to the agent, who could have it removed if they didn't want a subsequent agent to use it, I would think.
Post 5 IP   flag post
txgreg66 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Mikesobay.

A strong agent would have the seller pay for everything. If the agent pays for services on behalf of the seller there may be some legal implications should anything go wrong with a transaction. There is certainly no "custom" to who pays for a service. We're governed by federal and state laws on business conduct.

In another thread (the personal injury lawyer question) there was the statement "Realtors say the cost [for matterport] is too high". It really is not the decision of the agent/Realtor. The information should be passed on to the seller to make the decision.

Greg S
Realtor @ eXp Realty
3dhomes.photo
Post 6 IP   flag post
Mikesobay private msg quote post Address this user
Clearly, then, this is a matter of custom from state to state, as agents in southern California typically bear all marketing costs. It would be considered very unusual to pass them on. In your state, I would presume the scan would belong to the homeowner, unless it was merely licensed to him.
Post 7 IP   flag post
ccctucker private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldn't wait until a closing, who do you get the money from if they change agents? its not that much to collect before you give them the link. We have had some good luck, so we have billed the agents with a 7 day pay cycle.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101627 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?