Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCamerasCompareiGuide

Matterport versus iGuide (Which and Why)397

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
If you have used Matterport and iGuide from Planitar, how would you compare them?

Thanks,

Dan

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Kevin_James
Thank you Dan for the invitation to join your group and participate in this conversation on new, emerging 3D technologies.

We at iGuide have had the opportunity to speak with many of you from this forum and can say that we too are excited by your interest in 3D capture and presentation technologies.

Our Planitar team has developed our own camera system to capture dimensional and visual data on site which we then translate into floor plans, full 360 degree images, room dimensions and floor areas. Because our system is a metrological device, measurements are captured and computed on site, providing a 98% confidence.

Having just celebrated our second anniversary, we have begun expanding our North America reach through licensing arrangements and we would welcome your feedback on the iGuide System as well.

Thank you again and we look forward to the dialogue.

www.goiguide.com

Warmest regards,
Kevin J. Klages
Post 1 IP   flag post
DoyleRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
I've only recently discovered their service after reading a post in a private real estate group and then on Inman News. I did some research for my digital showing presentations and was impressed with how they're able to pitch their services to agents on website.

I'm not as familiar with it as I am with Matterport & Toursler because to my knowledge it is not available in my market place yet. From looking online it looks a lot more like Toursler than Matterport, the one thing I did notice is that it does not have the navigational arrows or circles in the model. To move around you click on the map.

The directory of scans they've created is really cool
http://walk-inside.com/ I also like the compass.

iGuide, like Toursler is shot on DSLR camera so the images appear to be much higher quality with better lighting, and no washed out windows

Each company is a little different, it is great to see competition in the field, it will only lead to more innovations and better products/services.
Post 2 IP   flag post
davidpylyp private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport provides a RICH CONTEXT environment. I can zoom in and read Book Titles on the shelves, check if they dusted their plants or the Kitchen counter needs recaulking.

Compare that with the imagery of a single PAN AND SCAN from one position in the middle of the room.

These are then stitched together; so you can walk thru.

I selected Matterport.
The Virtual Reality Goggles that are coming in the fall will provide a boutique video feel to shopping experience.
"come to our office and look at 30 condos today"

WOW
Post 3 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Having looked at all of the above solutions Matterport still wins hands down as of today. In regards to iGuide there is no comparison it's another very boring 360 solution. What everyone forgets is that the typical viewer of a VT is not interested in super high res imaging they're taking part in a VT and no other solution to date has more of a wow factor then MP.

Toursler has those hideous arrows ever where, can you imagine looking at to VT from Toursler via a headset, no way. For now MP still owns this space but I want to emphasis that MP really need to step up with some major improvements as this field will be exploding in the next 6 to 12 months. If MP doesn't enhance their offerings with several of the suggestions everyone in this forum have suggested and Dan has done such a fine job of sending these off to MP, they will become history as many other tech company have.
Post 4 IP   flag post
DoyleRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
I've talked to many folks at Matterport, the owner of Toursler, and just recently Kevin with iGuide. All 3 companies have solid products, and are continuing to innovate in a new market category for real estate which is very exciting. Ultimately it comes down to 1) availability in your market place, and 2) whether or not the end user wants to do the scanning themselves or higher it out to a professional. From what I've seen with Toursler & iGuide, they're both geared towards professionals whom would be selling their services to many clients where as Matterport camera could be purchased and operated by a single agent or a brokerage/team.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101704 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?