Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Matterport $900 Camera Discount: New Camera?3940

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

A new Member of the Forum writes ...

Dan

----

"Dan,
I notice that Matterport is offering $900 off for a few more days [until 28 February 2017]. I'm wondering if that's because they are going to release a newer camera or phase this one out...or it's just not selling as well as they would like. Thanks! [redacted]"

----

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

How would you reply?

I shared these related We Get Around Network Forum links:

New Matterport Camera Coming Soon?
$900 Off $4,500 Matterport Camera ->30 Nov16
$900 Matterport Camera Discount? Other Uses?
Save $900 on Matterport Camera til 31 Dec 16
#ICNY17 - Matterport Camera - $3,500
ICSF16-13% off Matterport Camera+$200 Rebate
Why Google Will Acquire Matterport
Black Friday 2016: 3 Free Months Membership
Matterport $600 Off Extended to 5 Sept 2016
$600 Off Matterport Camera until 5 Aug 2016?
Did you buy a MP Camera in the last 30 days?

New Matterport Camera to be Announced?

Dan

P.S. ...

If you bought your Matterport Camera in the last 30 days, you may (still) be able to save up to $900 by emailing Matterport Support to either honor the discount or arrange to return your Camera.

A number of Members have shared with me that they were successful in doing this. In most cases, they asked their Matterport sales rep (whom referred them to Matterport Support).

The above is possible because of the Matterport Pro 3D Camera Terms and Conditions of Sale (last revised 7 July 2016). See section 4a (Return Policy) ...

(a) Return Policy for Cameras Without Faults. One time only, You may, at Your expense, return an undamaged Camera to Matterport in the original packaging with the original receipt within 30 days of the date of the original shipment of the Camera to You. If the Camera and original packaging are returned within this timeframe and confirmed by Matterport not to be damaged, Matterport will provide a full refund based upon the original payment method. You cannot return unwanted items after 30 days. The foregoing return right applies only to the first Camera returned by You. In the event You have previously returned a Camera and received a refund from Matterport, subject to those rights set out below regarding Cameras with faults, You will have no subsequent right to return any other Camera without the prior written consent of Matterport, which consent Matterport may grant or withhold in its sole discretion.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I'm not under an NDA concerning a new camera; I have no knowledge of a new camera; and in poking around the code, I can see that there's support for a larger tileset -- although, I think the 2k tiles are enough --

So if there's a new camera in theory, what would it do differently? Faster capture? Longer battery life? Different color?
Post 2 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

I like to say all good sales have to come to an end but this sale in my opinion has defied all odds. I would tell them that it was full price for a long time, last summer it was $600 and now $900 off.

If Matterport follows the business plan from the last year or so, it will remain on sale and maybe even go to $1200 off.

They can look at it as them getting a great price or more competition.

I love the technology and my business has actually picked up in the last month, but if I knew then what I know now, I would probably go another direction. Matterport just hangs on TOS just a little too much.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Evajoh private msg quote post Address this user
I saw that it is available at $4500 matter port pro 3D camera (https://buy.matterport.com/).
Post 4 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
I just saw on Matterport's website the new price on a camera is $3600. I believe they are taking the sale away but lowering the price. Do you think they will start lowering the price by putting it on sale again to make it $3300? Is it going to be like cell phones and they give you a free camera with a three year contract?

Post 5 IP   flag post
PeterMcCready private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinv
I just saw on Matterport's website the new price on a camera is $3600.

Indeed! It's nice to see UK specific pricing available on their site, £2,995's certainly not to be sniffed at compared to the £4,200 that I was quoted not so long ago, unless they haven't factored VAT into the equation!
Post 6 IP   flag post
101421 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?