Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

where do you hide while the camera spins?3925

Rootsyloops private msg quote post Address this user
Just curious if most of you orbit behind the camera as it's spinning, or if you vacate to another room or hide around a corner. I'm assuming it's a mix, depending on how far it is to get to a good hiding spot! I also would like to verify that the camera is only shooting when it is stopped (and not when it is spinning). I'm pretty sure that's the case, but would love confirmation if anyone would care to weigh in.
Post 1 IP   flag post
aristepp private msg quote post Address this user
I've learned the hard way that until you see "OK to move camera" it's recording. At least I think that's why I continue to find my self in the last seconds of a scan. As for where to hide, I'd trip over the tripod legs with my luck, so I get out of the room.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Rootsyloops

I prefer to "hide" so that I don't show-up in a reflection or shadow cast on a wall.

If it is a big open space without glass walls, I will rotate behind the camera.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
PieroBortolot private msg quote post Address this user
Kitchen....
Spaghetti and prosecco!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Standard
Portage, MI
Senojev private msg quote post Address this user
So far I have tried to duck out of the room most of the time. This gives some time to mark the previous scan. If you can orbit the camera safely it can however save a lot of wasted time. I scanned a large space with big rooms and nowhere to hide and leaving the room would have doubled my onsite time.

Slightly off thread but what range does the camera cover clearly?
Post 5 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@Rootsyloops

I try and go to another room. It really depends on how many mirrors the place is decorated with. I love to think how good I was at staying out of the shot, and find myself later on hiding around the corner in a mirror or reflection in an oven.

@Senojev

I am not sure but I would guess about 10_15 feet for the rough draft in capture app. You can see things off in distance, say through a window, but the laser does not go that far.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
I tend to spend an unhealthy amount of time in wardrobes and bathrooms!
Post 7 IP   flag post
101641 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?