Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BenefitsBusiness DevelopmentFeaturesSales

Getting some more business390

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Pune, Maharashtra, India
tejas_mithapelli private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Guys,

Has anyone of you ever worked with "Sotheby's International Realty"? I tried to get in touch with them for partnering with their luxury estate listings site, but was told that such decisions are taken only from the Headquarters based in US.

I was thinking if we could have an exclusive tie-up with them working on a 3D showcase for each of their listings. I really think his can benefit everyone in the forum in terms of getting more business.

What do you think about this and how do you think would this be possible? Kindly suggest.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejas M.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
I do work for them
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Oh that's great!! So how do I get business from them especially for the listings in my region. Could you share some light.

Regards,
Tejas M.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
In India?
Just target the individual agents
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Thanks a lot for the tip Jamie!!

Regards,
Tejas M.
Post 5 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Jamie, do you have some examples of jobs you've done for Sothebys.

I've approached several high-end realtors in the UK, although not Sothebys and they've all turned me down stating their high wealth clients prefer not to display their properties in a virtual tour due to security reasons.

It's been very difficult to get any Estate Agent here in the UK to look at VT's. The other issue as I stated before if the small commission on property here in the UK 1% to 2% at max.
Post 6 IP   flag post
andreabortolot private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys, I contacted sotheby's he in Italy since they have very expensive mansions and clients are from Russia or US. MP might works perfectly for them.
Well, they replied to me that they are not ready for such technology (???!!) while in the US is used.
Strange and stupid answer. One day or another they will wake up.
I'm chasing other luxury high end Realtors.
My suggestion: propose VT to competitors If they are not interested.
Andrea
Post 7 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Andrea, I'm getting the very sane response. Although a couple have said once one of the competitors start using VT's then they join in. It's just getting that first one to use it. I've even done some free jobs but they lack the ability to promote it. Most Estate Agencies use the same display engine so they just up load the standard stuff to their site and that's is far as they go.

In the States where Realtors share of the commission is typically 3% if not more then there is a real driver to use the most effective means in marketing their property portfolio.
Post 8 IP   flag post
davidpylyp private msg quote post Address this user
Ahhhh you see... thats exactly why I am so interested.

If I search 10 listings in my market 3 would have a virtual tour.
Of those three one is an animoto slide show.

Agents who are early adopters profit.

You need to access their industry / franchaise trade shows
Demonstrate the product at the office with a LUNCH AND LEARN
( you buy lunch they learn)

Good Luck
we are changing the world!
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic
San Antonio, TX
EricThomas private msg quote post Address this user
I am a Realtor and matterport user....While the bulk of my personal listings range in the mid 300's I also have experience shooting tours for luxury agents that have homes listed well over $1 million.

I have had a couple agents discuss the security concerns but at this time its just that discussion. Pictures are one thing but when it comes to the overall floor plan being available thats what is scary to them.

Theres no telling if at some point this product could be used for evil. The home is already advertised online with the address, pictures, now a true VT and even a floor plan of entry and exit points. In the world we live in today that is a scary thought...But there is risk everywhere you turn. There's risk showing a home and somebody falling down the steps, risk in driving your clients to and from, and now risk of someone pulling off a heist because they know your home inside and out...Each individual is going to access that risk differently. Its going to be case by case. They assume that same risk when the home is shown...strangers walking around. Most do an agent open to make sure someone is present from the sellers side to overview the showing. I like to point out this tour can successfully deter "Lookie Lou's" just as much as showing all the goods...

Crime has no address, and it doesnt discriminate...if somebody wants to do it they will. There is no assurance we can provide.
Post 10 IP   flag post
DoyleRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
Agents are typically independent contractors, going direct to broker may give you opportunity to present to an entire office but in almost all cases the agents pay for the marketing. The exception being companies like RedFin
Post 11 IP   flag post
101422 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?