Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
eBlastsVirtual Reality

Matterport WebVR + Google Daydream VR Viewer3877

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Matterport Support Team sent the following eBlast today (14 February 2017) to its customers.

Feel free to comment ...

Best,

Dan

---

Post 1 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I wanted to echo previous statements of mine -- it is absolutely AMAZING the amount of work that went into this and Matterport is being very modest. Matterport VR for WebVR is the result of a massive programming effort and is a version of Showcase unto itself.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Integratedman private msg quote post Address this user
ok..ok silly question time...I just picked up Samsung Gear VR...so not compatible?...I need the Google glasses to benefit from this?

TY
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Integratedman

Samsung Gear VR + Samsung Smartphone + Matterport VR app

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Chadcloses private msg quote post Address this user
So can I go to best Buy and purchase any VR headset that works with iPhone and use it with Matterport now?

Planning on going to Best Buy today to pick one up.

Thanks,
Chad
Post 5 IP   flag post
UserName private msg quote post Address this user
I'd love to see a video of Daydream running Matterport or any WebVR experience. Maybe there's some magic new functionality besides the controller that's not available in other headsets.

People post videos of Daydream Street View. It's not that much different from regular VR Street View but DayDream Street View is one of the most popular DayDream apps. From videos I've seen, fast, easy navigation seems to be one of DayDream Street View's major benefits along with popup menus that let you switch between locations rapidly. Perhaps DayDream Matterport supports Mattertags and a dollhouse.

Until someone posts a video of Matterport running in a Daydream headset, we'll have to buy a Daydream phone to find out how it differs from a regular VR headset experience. I finally found something Google has no visual or textual description for yet -- Matterport running in Daydream.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Chadcloses

Only Google Cardboard works with an iPhone: not Samsung Gear VR (need Samsung phone); and, not with Google Daydream (need a Daydream compatible phone).

I recommend Unofficial Cardboard UC 2.0+ Virtual Reality Viewer ($14.95) ... You can buy a generic one here ...

Once you buy the generic one, it will be good to know that you can buy as few as 20 custom printed. Here are two We Get Around VR Viewer designs we had done.

Best,

Dan

P.S. You can also order VR Viewers from Amazon. Here's our short list of VR Viewers.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
DannyBasting private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Integratedman
ok..ok silly question time...I just picked up Samsung Gear VR...so not compatible?...I need the Google glasses to benefit from this?

TY

@Integratedman you can still use your GearVR. You just need to insert your phone in a different way. If you insert your phone like shown in the image below, you can use it as a luxury cardboard.

The spring inside the plastic part will keep your phone in place. I actually use mine like that most of the time, since starting up the Oculus app takes forever.
Post 8 IP   flag post
UserName private msg quote post Address this user
@DannyBasting - I used to do that when I first got my Gear VR. My first mobile VR experience was seeing Cardboard Street View on a Gear VR using the plastic snap method.

Then I graduated to the Package Disabler and finally to the Samsung Mobile browser. The Oculus startup screen does not appear when you use that browser. Even using that browser is slower than simply putting your phone into a Cardboard headset that plays immediately.

However, once you're in VR, you're viewing a real WebVR-enabled browser. It can show you the history of every Web page you've viewed when you weren't wearing your headset. So, if I'd viewed 10 Matterport VR WebVr models, I could explore them all from within VR without taking off the headset.

A use-case for that would be -- with my phone out of the headset, visit every WebVR page I'd like to view in VR. Then, when I put on the headset, they're all there waiting to be viewed. You could use the same method to "queue up" a dozen YouTube videos you'd like to see in VR. The Samsung browser's history makes all that possible without taking off your headset.

I'm also thinking about buying a Cardboard headset just for viewing Matterport WebVR models when Matterport makes them available.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101429 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?