Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
I was going to write this in Dan's thread where he posts Matterport's email blasts, but then I decided it was big enough news to start a new thread where everyone might see it.

Matterport sez: "Hole Filling. Holes in a model’s mesh will now be intelligently and automatically filled. This upgrade applies to all future models. Some benefits of hole filling include:
Dollhouse and Floorplan view will have substantially fewer holes (dark areas where no data was collected).
Transitions between panoramas are now smoother due to the more complete geometry, and navigating to unexpected locations (e.g. through walls) is much less likely.
Scan locations are also less likely to move through floors, as there will be no holes in the floor surface."

This is an amazing improvement! I can't wait to see a new model made with this improvement. It sounds like you can't reprocess old models to get this improvement, but I'm not sure about that. Maybe I should try.

I don't have a new scan scheduled until next week. Can anybody who has a new scan processed with the "Holes Filled" post it here so we can see?

Craig
Post 1 IP   flag post
JamieSher private msg quote post Address this user
Bump!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Just looked at one I did and it doesn't look any different
Processing another one right now, so will see if its any better
Post 3 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
It wasn't clear from their original email about this issue whether it would work on previously scanned models. I just reloaded an old scan to check. Here's the new one:

Here's the previous version:

I can definitely see the improvements, especially in sinks and tubs that previously had big black areas where the camera didn't get a direct view.

So the old models aren't being updated with this improvement, but you can reprocess them to get it.

Craig
Post 4 IP   flag post
virtualsweden private msg quote post Address this user
How can I reprocess old scans if I have deleted them from the iPad?
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@virtualsweden email Matterport Support

Plus, our We Get Around Blog Post about ...

Photographers: Do Not Delete Matterport 3D Showcase Models on Your iPad

... includes an archive solution ...

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
101646 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?