Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GearProblemsVirtual Reality

Problems with Unofficial Cardboard3836

jmprop private msg quote post Address this user
Purchased 2.0 Plus on 1-29-17 based on forum recommendation. Received shipping confirmation on 1-30-17. After going around with Fed Ex for a couple of days they say "shipper" put a non payment hold on my (1) item order. Any more info than that has to come from the shipper.(Glad I only purchased one.) Already verified with my C.C. company that charge was authorized and put through immediately as is the norm. Recieved one emaiol response withno other contact info offered.
Here is another "internet only" company with no phone or address information on their site. Life is good until you have a PROBLEM. Does anyone have a phone # from this company?
Does the forum vett companies that they advertise?
All I can find is that they are "headquarted" in La Jolla, CA.
Customer Service that only offers email IS NOT customer service. Somehow after paying for the product and Unoffical Cardboard receiving payment, it has now become my problem to get what i paid for.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@jmprop

I will reach out to Unofficial Cardboard and ask them to get back to you.

I am thrilled and happy with the custom VR Viewers We Get Around ordered from Unofficial Cardboard.

Best,

Dan

Related Forum Discussions

Which VR Viewer Artwork do you like best?
Custom Printed Google Cardboard VR Viewers
Unofficial Cardboard
Post 2 IP   flag post
Dan, I appreciate that. So you have contact info but you can't make it public?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Jamwoc private msg quote post Address this user
Jim. Please [private message me]
Post 4 IP   flag post
renderingreal private msg quote post Address this user
I emailed them inquiring about 100 custom viewers. They did reply via email that they got the request,and that a sales agent would be in contact with me shortly.

That was over 2 weeks ago. My guess is this company is not long for this world.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@jmprop
@renderingreal

@Jamwoc is one of the owners of Unofficial Cardboard.

I have asked him to reach out to each of you directly.

Thanks for your patience.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Here is a screen shot of what I could find about them.

3 employees and $130,000 in annual revenues since 2015.
No budget for customer service I guess.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@jmprop

I have found all my experiences with Unofficial Cardboard professional including phone, email, artwork proofing, shipping and receipt of custom branded Unofficial Cardboard VR Viewers.

Kindly hang in there for the Unofficial Cardboard co-owner - @JAMWOC - to get back to you today.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
Dan, again appreciate your effort but question why you need to be an intermediary for a phone #. For disclosure, do you or the entity that operates this forum have any financial interest in and or a fee based marketing agreement with Unoffical Cardboard? It now appears that they may have been recently sold.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@jmprop

Yes. Unofficial Cardboard is a Premium Member of the We Get Around Network.

We Get Around does not receive a commission from Unofficial Cardboard. We Do receive their Monthly subscription revenue to be a 3rd party service provider in the Forum.

We Get Around curates tools and solutions for Matterport Pros to succeed faster.

VR is on fire (in a good way).

I recruited Unofficial Cardboard to offer VR Viewers at a discount for Basic, Standard and Premium Members of the We Get Around Network at a 10 percent savings. No commission is paid to We Get Around.

I care deeply about helping Members of the Forum - and the 3rd party solution providers that offer extra value and savings for our Members.

So, when a challenge is identified, I want to make sure that it gets resolved quickly and efficiently.

I am not perfect. I make mistakes. Clients get upset.

Kindly pause - and let's see how @jamwoc replies.

I have connected both you and @renderingreal via email to @jamwoc

Thanks for your patience.

Dan

P.S. Stepping out for a lunch meeting ...
Post 10 IP   flag post
It appears that Unofficial Cardboard VR Viewers is now owned and operated under the name of Jamwoc Mixed Reality Solutions. www.jamwoc.com. They list "offices" in Chicago, Los Angles and Miami. The phone number listed 847-409-7171 is a Chicago suburb based number. They do not list any addresses for the offices they claim. I currently cannot turn up any business intelligence on this company. They list "branded cardboard VR Viewers" on the home page of their site with no mention what so ever of "Unofficial Cardboard". Actually if you visit the site, you cannot even access any info on the VR Viewers. So, I suggest that the forum remove the "Unoffical Cardboard" name from their offerings until such a time as this company is fleshed out. Jamwoc is NOT a manufacturer of VR technology products.
Their site clearly describes them as a Service Provider. Go visit and decide for yourself. So, who are they sourcing these viewers from? All I can say at this point is Buyer Beware. I don't doubt that the forum is dedicated to helping it's members. As it continues to grow and provide value added services or products, I believe more transparency and oversight is the responsibility of the forum administrator when recommending products or services to it's paid members. Objectivity and impartiality can be perceived as "clouded" when in force marketing agreements are an important part of the revenue stream. Since this is all about VR...Remember, sometimes the perception can become the reality which then creates a credibility issue. This whole Unoffical Cardboard thing has become sketchy.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@renderingreal @jmprop There's no need to go detective here. I have spoken with both of the owner/operators of the company and I'm certain there's been a misunderstanding.

JAMWoc.com is the brand that one of the partners is selling tours through. Competely separate business - much like I operate Metroplex360.com but fulfill Street View services via MP2SV.com. Same person, two different things.

Dan is reaching out for you and as Unofficial Cardboard is a partner with WGA, you will find resolution and hopefully be able to share about the misunderstanding.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@jmprop Just to clarify... your complaint is based on not yet receiving a cardboard viewer you ordered, right? What was the value of this viewer? $10? $15?

I haven't purchased from this supplier and have no financial interest in Unofficial Cardboard or "Jamwoc", but from an outsider perspective I just wanted to share that your response seems a little dramatic. Especially the "BUYER BEWARE"...

Going over this thread it looked like @Jamwoc contacted you almost immediately. It appears they're trying to resolve your complaint.

Again, this doesn't affect me in the least, but I suspect if you take a few deep breaths you'll see that the sky isn't falling down around you.

Sorry if I sound like a tool writing this, but it seemed you were overreacting to a small issue.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@metroplex360, I hear you.
Look, everything I listed is accurate, not conjecture. It's called due diligence, no need to minimize it. I have received completely different stories from both sides of this "misunderstanding". No problem with different hats. This is and has been about basic customer service. Until I blew this up, I was not getting anywhere. It should not have taken this kind of effort to get this resolved.
BTW, you have not "spoken" with me so offering your opinion without having the benefit of all the input seems weird.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@queen_city_3D,
No apologies needed. No, the contact from jamwoc was not immediate. I had already spent 3 days trying to resolve this privately before I posted. It was only after Dan interceded that jamwoc contacted me. No, my sky is not falling. Just tired of poor customer service.
Post 15 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
I placed a nice order with Unofficial Cardboard and had a great experience. They helped me with the graphics, shipped on time and arrived in perfect condition. Possibly your situation was just an anomaly @jmprop? Sometimes [stuff] just happens.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@lisahinson,
Thanks for the input. I am glad you had a good experience.
Post 17 IP   flag post
First of all, I'm sorry it's taken us some time to respond to this forum, but we've had meetings all day. @jmprop, my partner private messaged you 3 times today and left his phone number and you never responded to him and just kept blasting us on the forum. We purchased this business just over a month ago and we are doing our best to make sure that we provide great customer service with a great product. We obviously have made some mistakes, but what @jmprop is saying about our financials and BUYER BEWARE is ridiculous. I'm sorry that we made mistakes, but we're trying to handle this. Even after @dansmigrod said that we were good guys and we were members of this forum and also and an MSP, @jmprop just kept on slamming us. @renderingreal I apologize that nobody got back to you and I would personally like to offer you another 10% discount on your order. If anyone else is interested in purchasing viewers, we will be happy to give you a great experience. Private message me if we can help

We're doing the best we can and certainly don't like to disappoint people, but it's people like @jmprop that pour gas on the fire without even responding to my partner. We're all about customer service and sometimes people make mistakes, but @jmprop you're a customer that people don't really need so feel free to take your business elsewhere.

Thank you to @lisahinson, @metroplex360 and @Queen_city_3D for sticking up for us against this cyber bully who just likes to bitch.
Post 18 IP   flag post
benn1973 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jamwoc Great measured response. Taking over a business that someone else has run is hard. You spend a lot of time winding back processes and putting new ones in place.
You are selling a $10-15 product but unfortunately some people act as though it a $1000 product. The old adage you can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time, is very true. I would be refunding @jmprop his money immediately and give him the contact details of a competitor that you dont like.
Good luck with the business.
From a small business owner!
Post 19 IP   flag post
For the record Jamwoc,
It is accurate that you have marketing agreement in place that provides a revenue stream to this forum. It is also accurate that you did not reach out to me until Dan requested that you do so. Anyone can read the whole thread and see that. Everything I posted has documentation supporting it. If I had gotten a response from you 3 days ago, these posts would not exist. Here go "facts" getting in the way gain. Attempting to characterize me as a "cyber bully " is sophomoric and silly. This is not Facebook. You charged my credit card successfully and now you are whining about not fulfilling your end of the transaction in a timely manner as promised in the purchase. The financials are listed as public record on the site that I copied them from. If they are not accurate, then You need to address that. If any forum members care to see the email chains that are telling different stories from Jamwoc or Unofficial Cardboard or whomever, I will gladly make them available. The bottom line is that either Fed Ex or Jamwoc/Unofficial Cardboard was not being truthful. Who would you believe if in my shoes? Sorry, Honesty matters greatly to me. I sincerely apologize to all forum members for allowing documented facts to get in the way of your impetuous narrative. You had three days to resolve this privately and failed to do so. So easy to shift the blame to "just another angry customer". One has to wonder how many of those have been left in your wake?
"The truth always wins in the end because it can never be destroyed, whereas lies are built on a fragile structure that can always be undermined by an eventual recognition of the truth."
Post 20 IP   flag post
@jmprop, We will refund your money and then you can purchase from someone else. Please private message us with your contact information so we can refund your money promptly.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@jamwoc,
You already have all the info from the original purchase. Why would I need to supply it again? Use the same contact information and the same credit card information from the charge. Simple as that.
Post 22 IP   flag post
benn1973 private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Surely there is nothing more that can be accomplished by this thread maybe it should be closed?
Post 23 IP   flag post
@jmprop I don't know your name, just your handle here so please provide that information via pm and @dansmigrod please close this
Post 24 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@benn1973

Great suggestion.

Time for a "time out" ...

I will disable posting to this discussion for two days.

You can PM me if you think otherwise ...

Dan
Post 25 IP   flag post
101641 25 25
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.