Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceColdScanningStrategyTips

Cold job site with Matterport Camera?3827

Ramblinman private msg quote post Address this user
We've got a residential construction scan coming up next week. The job site is not heated and we are conserned about scanning in cold weather.

Any advise, suggestions??
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
The website says 50° F. That seems pretty warm for a minimum temp. (32° storage.) Or you could move down here with me. I've had my top down most days lately.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Ya we are dealing with 10F...so it's cold.. we'd love to have your weather @Harlan...can all 5 of us crash at ur place lol.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
Cold is no problem for the Matterport camera.

It is probably best to turn the camera on and let it adjust to the ambient temperature for 10 - 15 minutes before starting your scan.

The only potential problem is that the accuracy of measurements made in the space afterwards in Workshop will be somewhat less than usual.

I did this job: http://craigsauer3d.com/3d-model/ice-kingdom/skinned/ last year and spent about 5 hours in 7 degree Fahrenheit temperatures.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Very cool @craigsauer.

Thanks for insight...I'll let the camera warm up for sure....I assume the battery charge drops somewhat because of the cold...but it should not be an issue because it should only take 90min and u lasted 5hrs...I know my UAV and tool batteries alway drop down faster in the cold
Post 5 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
Lol we're on the other side of spectrum in Australia. Average temp these past few weeks being 90-100° F. The camera seems to handle it. No problems with scanning so far but omg it's hot... #hotashell #wishitwouldsnow
Post 6 IP   flag post
101704 6 6