Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Realvision

Warning: RealVision Terms of Service3791

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
A user asks me - "Hey Chris, can you convert RealVision to Street View"

Sure! Each tour has a configuration file that contains an index of the panoramas:

https://real.vision/show/config/[Tour-id]

And using that, I can built a RealVision export tool to bulk download that just fills in the blanks:

https://d34jcppfyz4hlk.cloudfront.net/[Pano-id]/c[0-5].jpg

Last thing to do is to check the Terms of Service. Can't be more restrictive than Matterport's TOS, right? Wrong.

Conduct.

You shall not (a) copy or distribute any part of this Website (including all of the contents of the website) unless expressly permitted to do so; (b) impersonate another person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; (c) interfere with or disrupt the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website or probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures; (d) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation; or (e) resell the content of the Website, the use of the Website or access to the Website or its contents.

You also agree not to access the Website in a manner that utilizes the resources of the Website more heavily than would be the case for an individual person using a conventional web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, operators of public search engines may use spiders or other bots for the purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials on this Website.

"Intellectual Property Rights and Licenses."

Toursler owns all right, title and interest in and to all photos, videos, virtual tours, floor plans, and other content and compilations thereof ("Toursler Content" created for Customer by Toursler or any agent authorized by Toursler. "

----

Whoah Trigger! Did anyone else read that? Toursler/RealVision owns everything you do with their system. This is enforced by prohibiting the download of ANYTHING from their system (including Photos and Panos) and the use of their website in a non-normal manner is even prohibited.

Not good.
Post 1 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
oy vay, not good,
Post 2 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
You know, I never read the small letters of any TOS when I purchase services on line. This means that perhaps I have sold my soul many times over and when I die the Devil will come and claim it arguing that I said it was OK when I purchased Netflix, Matterport, Gmail, Microsoft Office,etc, etc

Now, seriously, I think that these restrictive conditions are more the result of a lawyer trying to impress their clients than a rational business decision. This will evolve with time, as customers start complaining or new players start offering similar services without such non-sense limitations.

There has to be a clear and rational division between the technology provider and the photographer.

The artist/photographer creates the images and generates the content, while the technology provider facilitates the means for that content to be shared and enjoyed.

It is like when you write a book. You, the author, own the copyright. The printer only charges for the books it has printed but cannot claim ownership over the words! The same as Kodak never claimed ownership over the photos printed with their paper or processed with their technology.

Can you imagine the guy that provided Picasso with canvasses and oils saying: "Hey Pablo, remember that according to my TOS you cannot sell, copy or rent your paintings".

It has to change...
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@jfantin I agree.

For RealVision to have the most restrictive terms of service for any of the service providers we discuss here was rather shocking. I wonder if @DanSmigrod might be able to ask RealVision about this.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360

I have reached out requesting an official response ...

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
101635 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?