Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 823 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,558 Page Views | 18,831 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseVirtual Reality

Showcase v2.14.3 released - It's Big.3785

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Showcase was updated at midnight, 1/31/2017.

Within the development community at WGA, I have shared detailed notes about changes I have noticed and documented within the platform that are very, very exciting.

I believe that Matterport would love the opportunity to be the first to share the incredible news of what the new version of Showcase is capable of.

So, in the public forum, I would like to just share some positive thoughts.

#1) Matterport have created a new version of Showcase.
#2) The new version of Showcase is an extremely mature platform that is the product of months and months of work and is shaping into a very mature product.
#3) Dan Smigrod reported on developments within Matterport coming from Inman Connect. I can confirm that the new version of Showcase confirms everything he saw there and that the availability of these features is coming far sooner than anyone would have likely anticipated.
#4) If Matterport choose to roll-out the new features in v2.14.3, it would take a simple account flag to be activated -- much like when CoreVR or MatterTag links were activated.

--

I am VERY bullish on Matterport right now. Even when I don't agree with everything they are up to (UI Changes mainly), I am thrilled to see an acceleration in progress with their platform.

Something big is coming. I'm really excited.

Anyone want to do their own data mining?

P.S. - Did the VR icon change, or is it just me?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Cleveland, OH
CLE3D private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for reporting! The VR icon is definitely just a little bit different and I can't even tell what's different about it... excited to see these changes in action!
Post 2 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @Metroplex360 ! Can't wait to see!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
suncoastskyview private msg quote post Address this user
Anticipation!
Post 4 IP   flag post
mcatino private msg quote post Address this user
@metroplex, Thanks for the insight.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
The icon definitely seems a bit taller.
Post 6 IP   flag post
BenHolmes private msg quote post Address this user
cheers for the update
Post 7 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
Is it only me, or does the dollhouse look more "sharper" ? Not as grainy as previously...

Post 8 IP   flag post
Dolloff private msg quote post Address this user
Can't wait to see the changes. Thanks for keeping us posted!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@JC3DCX I didn't any changes in Showcase that would make the dollhouse look sharper; however, it's entirely possible that there are some changes that were made on the server side (Matterport Cloud) that could have allowed this. Anyone else think so?

There was one big fix throughout Showcase where all instances of the number -1 was changed to (-1). I assume this is 'typecasting', which is where in programming one differentiates the difference between a number and a line of text. I figured that there's a browser out there that may have been choking on this and it was a compatibility fix. Not sure. There's a tiny tiny chance that that change had a computational effect on displaying the model. [shrugs]

That was the only other difference in Showcase beyond the yet-to-be-announced feature.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@JC3DCX - I didn't +notice+ any changes correction.

Also, a note, Showcase was just updated again. VERY Minor changes. This indicates (to me) that new features are being FINE TUNED. My hope is that this means that we'll be getting an announcement far sooner than expected! [fingers crossed]
Post 11 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 , I have read it that way, otherwise youre the "undercover" programmer, :-) :-)

Maybe its a small setting that changed the way it displays, its even better on my iPad, the screenshot was taken on my iMac,

mmm, hope it will be soon, I'm very curious and at least not a cat, hehe
Post 12 IP   flag post
101602 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?