Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Business storytelling through 360 media3691

Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
We have been experimenting using 360 media to tell business stories. For example, take an infographic and make it into a 360 experience:

https://seekbeak.com/v/X60qZJnqrBY

We also started offering VR rental packages for events, and this is how we are promoting them:
https://seekbeak.com/v/d5VjYbpqobQ

What do you think about using 360 as a way to promote MP services?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini

I ❀ it!

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini

With Seekbeak, you can annotate the space on steroids. Have you thought about including a eCommerce?

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@dansmigrod Good idea about the ecommerce. No, I haven't tested that those hotspots, but sounds like I should investigate that. Thanks!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Viewing private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini That's awesome, nice work! πŸ˜€

I've checked out the provider's site but can't get much info regards 'Create 360 Tours'. It doesn't elaborate as far as I can see.

Do you have any info on this element of their services?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Hi @baxter. Were you looking for more info on the 360 infographics service? In this specific example, our agency did the 360-ization of a flat infographic created by another company called VRBound. We also created the promo for our VR rental service using 360.

Our agency provides Matterport services, VR/AR and touch display development. We need to update our site http://tosolini.com to reflect all of this.

Let me know if you have questions.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Tosolini Thanks for the info πŸ˜ƒ

Really though I was referring to Seekbeak's 'Create 360 Tours' service. Because there's no technical info on their site in regards to the service, I wondered if you had used it to create a 360 tour and what were the results?

If you've used it for that yet πŸ˜ƒ
Post 7 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
I see. I've used Seekbeak for VR tours of information, but not of homes. It's very simple to add hotspots, but there is no floor plan. I bet they are thinking about it. Did you sign up for the free account?
Did you check http://holobuilder.com?
Post 8 IP   flag post
SeekBeak private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Baxter, Dan let me know that this thread was happening so I thought I'd chime in!

I'm the developer/founder of SeekBeak.

I've tried to make the whole experience as easy as possible for all the functionality in SeekBeak, including creating tours.

To get a tour going, you need to create at least a couple Snaps. A SeekBeak Snap is basically the combination of your main equirectangular image + any preferences/Hotspot data associated with it.

I've got a video that shows how you can get a tour up and live on the internet in under 2 minutes, using either your desktop computer, or mobile phone. (One of the other key features of SeekBeak is that the whole thing is drivable via mobile phone for people on site, in the field etc.)

SB has a free tier which includes all the features of the paid plans so you can trial everything to see if it ticks your boxes beforehand.

Let me know if you've got any questions, I'm more than happy to answer them!

Cheers,
Tim

PS I should mention that yes, floor plans/maps are on the way. Just working through the UX at the moment to make sure it's as easy and painless as possible.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@SeekBeak Dude, you've taken it to the next level of simplicity and that's what people want!

You've opened up a big market here, so much so that it concerns me as a Matterport provider. It's the visual ease of differentiating actions via icons where you've really excelled and a massive applause goes to you for seeing the gap and providing a solution.

I'm blown away by what you've achieved and once people pick up on it I see SB being a huge success.

Congrats man πŸ˜ƒ
Post 10 IP   flag post
Oh you! That means a lot, thanks.

Once I can figure out the easiest/best way to do floor plans/maps, I think SB can carve out its own little space, but I don't think you have anything to worry about

Writing SeekBeak from scratch, and not just wrapping a website around existing panorama software, has allowed me to make the platform super flexible... which has allowed all sorts of things to happen with it!

It's very rewarding and fun for me personally seeing what people are using SeekBeak for, loads of stuff I'd not really thought much about initially. There's a lot of training / education, which is cool, but then more random content like the infographic @Tosolini posted, virtual treasure hunts with hidden hotspots, choose your own adventure narratives, bands doing promotion with embedded gig maps, spatial audio etc.

Anyways, it's a fun adventure, and hearing things like that from you make it worthwhile, thanks again for the kind words!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@SeekBeak I love what you've done. I'd love to work with you on things that I'm not allowed to do -- such as converting Matterport Spaces to work with your platform since what you are doing is very similar to what I envisioned with MatterPlus. Your interface though is brilliant.

When Matterport change their policy on allowing us to export 360 Panos, I'd love to see if I can play a role in innovating and helping the pipeline to your service. I love what you are doing...
Post 12 IP   flag post
What @Metroplex360 has done with Matterplus is incredible, especially considering the limitations put in place.

But this is actually very close to what I imagined for Matterplus, with different icons to represent different actions, all with a very simple interface for the uploader.

If metroplex could help provide some kind of Matterport tie in I think it could be a little bit special.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Hey @Metroplex360 , thanks for the message, I'm all ears! I'm oblivious to most Matterport related things at the moment, but I'll check out Matterplus.

Sorry @Tosolini for derailing your thread
Post 14 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
I'm glad to see two superstars like @metroplex360 and @seekbeak connecting to ideate tools that we couldn't imagine before. Thanks @dansmigrod for enabling the conversation.
Post 15 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini thank you for posting @SeekBeak Β΄s service in @dansmigrod forum. I am totally inspired

CanΒ΄t wait for the integration of floorplans and maps
Post 16 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
I'm trying out both @SeekBeak and Holobuilder for a tour I'm building for a client.

These are both very rough, made from the free versions of both:

https://seekbeak.com/v/grdzJOGRjMB
https://holobuilder.com/explore?page=details&id=5157021810688000

I definitely like having the ability to use the map in Holobuilder to place my panos, especially since the panos are spread out so widely over space. (SeekBeak only allows me to place 3 panos in a tour on their trial version, so you have to look at the HoloBuilder one to see what I mean.)

One thing that is lacking from both solutions that I find kind of perplexing. When I put in a hotspot to travel from one photospere to another, there's no way of setting the initial view one arrives at in the linked photosphere. You can set a default view for each photosphere, but you can't change that view depending on how you approach it.

In the SeekBeak example I created, there are 3 photospheres in a series. I wish I could make the starting view of the middle photosphere change depending on how you get to it (from the top of the hill or from the end of the dock).

Is this feature available and I just don't see it?

SeakBeak is definitely more intuitive than HoloBuilder, and while HoloBuilder includes the Map/Floorplan functionality, it's kind of clunky and I'm not in love with it.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@craigsauer I second your feeling about HoloBuilder's UI. Despite they were early in the market and they have some nice features, I'm having a hard time falling in love for it, and after trying it a few times, I just abandoned it.

@seekbeak was love at first sight! Especially given the opportunity to author straight from a mobile device, and the responsiveness of the developer.

Another startup here in Seattle that is trying to break in this space is http://www.viar360.com/. I think they haven't nailed a solid business model though.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
BTW, I just received a marketing email from HoloBuilder as they mapped a large event called CONEXPO with more than 1000 photospheres. The little map is the only way to navigate this huge space.
Post 19 IP   flag post
101729 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?