Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Gibbsboro, NJ
Radie842 private msg quote post Address this user
I am looking into adding the new DJI to my tools, do any of you have 1 and what do you charge for pics from drone?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Rootsyloops private msg quote post Address this user
I have owned all of the dji products made to date (with the exception of the inspire 2). I have also bought other drones and always end up coming back to dji. They are like the iPhone of the drone world - not the most customizable, but definitely the most refined and user-friendly.

I started shooting aerials with a drone 3 years ago. Nobody would pay more than $100 per shoot, so I got to where I could shoot for 10 minutes and edit and send photos in another 20. The upside is I think my low pricing kept the competition from even starting because it didn't appear lucrative enough. Now I charge $150 and still spend less than 30 minutes per project (not including travel time). I would definitely recommend purchasing an nd filter (I like polar pro) for sunny days. The p3 pro, p4 are great first drones for real estate. The 4 pro has a better camera, and the mavik is much more portable, but they require manually focusing (just a tap on the screen), which will slow you down a bit. I also like the wider lens on the p3 and 4 vs the mavik and the pro. The p3 and p4 are excellent values. Incidentally, I would stay far away from yuneec products. I have only owned 2, but both were nightmares compared to dji products.
Post 2 IP   flag post
polygon_imagery private msg quote post Address this user
This is really helpful, thanks!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Gibbsboro, NJ
@Rootsyloops thank you for that, this is going to be very helpful.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Gibbsboro, NJ
I have another question, I have iMovie is that enough for editing?
Post 5 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
@Rootsyloops,
I just got a Yuneec Typhoon 4K and it is my first drone. Can you comment on whether or not this would be a good drone for real estate photography/video applications?

Also, the 3DR Solo has been on sale at Best Buy for $299. Would that be a better option?

Thanks,
Jon
Post 6 IP   flag post
Lake In The Hills, IL
WindyCityDrones private msg quote post Address this user
We keep the subject of the property and how those images will be utilized by the client in mind when quoting a price as well.

Different drones have different capabilities. If your images will mainly be displayed on the web for residential real estate, then a Phantom 4 is a great choice. If you are looking to provide prints, I would not spec anything less than an Inspire 1 Pro with X5.

For video editing I like to utilize Resolve for color correction and finish with Premiere.

Also, be sure to work into price the cost of your licensing, insurance and equipment.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Lake In The Hills, IL
The 3DR Solo is a cool drone, but does not have an integrated camera. You would still need to purchase a GoPro or equivalent separately.

For ease of use I prefer DJI.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Radie842- I think iMovie would suffice, but admittedly, I only shoot a few videos each month. I use premiere, but it does have a significant learning curve. For video, the nd filter is even more critical so you can keep your shutter speed down around 60 fps.

Jonj- I have not had great success with the yuneec products. I've only had 2, so I can't quite make a scientific case against them, but that's my personal experience. I feel you're looking for a budget uas, I would go with a p3 advanced. The quality will be more than sufficient for anything short of a major documentary.

Windycitydrones- I don't write this to be confrontational, but I respectfully disagree that you need an inspire with an x5 for print (unless you're printing massive posters). Agent and I shoot for routinely use my shots in 8.5 x 11 print and there is not a hint of pixelation or quality loss. I shoot 5 raw brackets Andre the camera on the p4 and p3 pro are both 12 mp. More than adequate for any size print a realtor will ever use. Again, just my experience and opinion. I also had (and sold) an inspire with an x5 and sold it due to set up time taking too long. I didn't notice any appreciable quality difference in my photos or video (still 8 bit compression). The p4 pro has a 20 mp camera, but I don't think it tranlatss into noticeably better images up to 8.5 x 11 print.

For the best user-friendly, quick set-up, quality combo, I would again recommend the p3 pro, or p4. The p3 advanced would suffice for almost anyone running a business as well, and is an awesome deal on eBay now!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
I have a p2. At ces we saw the new mavic from dji. Get that for sure. It's a fantastic drone with many features. It also has the ability to do tripod mode (slow pan) which is great. You can also fly it inside much easier than the Phantom eange
Post 10 IP   flag post
Lake In The Hills, IL
Rootsyloops - No offence taken. Always want to keep in mind it is not all about the megapixels. Sensor size is important.

Yes, the Inspire 1 Pro does take some time to set up, especially with the standard DJI case.

Like I said P4 is a great choice for real estate shoots. We shoot for clients that specifically request the X5 when printing. It is all about your client expectations and intended use.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I've got a mavik and use it when traveling. It's awesome for that. As windycitydrones mentioned, sensor size has a Bearing on image quality, and this is noticeable in the smaller mavik sensor vs the p4 (not very nocicable going for the 2/3 in the p4 to the 1 inch sensor in the p4 pro or x5). If you don't need the extreme portability, the p4 offers better "bang for the buck". The mavik also suffers in winds much over 8-10 knots, where the p4 hold pretty steady up to around 20 knots
Post 12 IP   flag post
ListAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
We use a dual operated DJI s900. We like it but its definitely a different beast that some smaller birds. Back when we started it had to be dual operated so we have an FAA pilot and professional photographer at every shoot. We actually us a sony a6000 for our shoots. It's the same camera we use for our interior shots. Sometimes I wish we had a simple set up but it met our needs at the time and we haven't made the switch to a simpler set up like the inspire or phantom. It would be nice to have it all-in-one and single operated but we did a shoot the other day where we followed a Bentley up a drive and it was nice to have the pilot looking up and now down at a screen. Ours is more custom built by us for us. Here's a clip of what we did:
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user

Here is a video that I shot using both the DJI Inspire 1 and the Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K. For some unknown reason (operator error) I only got one shot with the Inspire 1 and had to go to the backup drone Yuneec.
The best picture from the Yuneec I think is around the 0:56 point. The only shot I got from the Inspire is the last shot at around 2:08. I definitely think the I1 video is much better. The I1 picture, to me, seems to be sharper and has a much larger dynamic range.

I shot with both the CGO3 and the Zenmuse X3 set to a shutter speed of 1/60 4K 30fps(downsampled post to 1080p) with a flat color profile. Basic color correction and grading in post. Both had an ND filter on to allow for adjustment to a 0 exposure.

I think overall the DJI line has better picture quality and are easier to use. I have never had an issue with the Yuneec, but it is my backup. I did use it quite a bit in testing but just not the same as the DJI products.

I think you may be able to get a good deal on the DJI Phantom 4 as DJI just announced that the Phantom 4 production had been terminated. It is streamlining its product line, and the Phantom 4 pro and pro+ are going forward.
Post 14 IP   flag post
aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all.

As you can see from my username, one of my services (was) geared at aerial photography.

I started it due to my pre existing hobby of flying RC planes.
Then drones came into the market like 7 years ago and started tinkering with them and adding cameras and gimbals.

As Rootsyloops says, in the end, its DJI. Nobody comes close to 2nd. Dont bother unless you are a hobbyist who wants to tinker. Nowadays, I dont even have time to tinker and want it to work right off the bat.

Mavic Pros are nice and portable. But P4 Pro has a better camera I believe.

As for pricing. Once upon a time (5 years or more ago), it was the domain of tech and hobbyists. We fetched a cool 4 figure sum per job. Now due to low barrier of entry, the prices I have seen drop by more than 70%. Not joking.

So for now, I dont run my business as a full time thing, its only a supporting service for existing clients who might want a one stop shop. Too many competitors around on the drone photography bandwagon.
Post 15 IP   flag post
101436 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?