Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseNavigation

My First Scan, what do you think!!3685

abalkhail private msg quote post Address this user
Hello to you all,

I would like to see if anyone can help me with some info to make it better and cleaner.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=v2kug2wB3hq

should I go back and make more scans?

plz try to enter the villa there is something wrong!!

thanks

Abdullah
Post 1 IP   flag post
kevshed private msg quote post Address this user
I'm fairly new myself, so by no means an expert compared to others who will post behind me.. but just some thoughts.

When entering the villa - the distance between your scans is quite large, i would try adding another couple, either side of the entrance. I'd also say that the camera placement is quite 'random' throughout the tour which has an effect on the walk through.. there are some spots also, like in one of the bedrooms, where more scans could be added to balance the flow in the room. I really try to plan a 'line' and follow it as straight as possible,with fairly even spacing - it makes for a better tour.

some good use of tag's though, and to be honest, better than my first try

Kev
Post 2 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
@albalkhail, there is no right and wrong with camera placement for scans, in some areas you can increase the distance between scans and where you want your viewers to focus more you can decrease the distance between scans.

To enter the villa or move through a door, its best to scan on both sides of the door frame, your problem entering the villa is a mis-alignment error. Scanning outside made it difficult for the camera to "see" inside the villa and the spot just inside the front door is not enough to create an "entrance" into the villa.

To make the dollhouse more complete, you need to add more scans in the areas that is not showing as solid walls, and those scans can be disabled afterwards.

Hope this makes sense and help. Villa looks quite nice, :-)
Post 3 IP   flag post
@kevshed @JC3DCX thank you for your helpful comments and support

feeling good and confident cant wait to scan some more!

thanks to "We Get Around" forum for giving us the chance to share experiences.
Post 4 IP   flag post
kevshed private msg quote post Address this user
you are welcome...

@JC3DCX interesting, i didn't think that this is how a misalignment would manifest... good to know.
Post 5 IP   flag post
UserName private msg quote post Address this user
I like it. And, if I was a home buyer I'd think that was a great real-world use of Mattertags. I never would have known that was a waterfall on that wall until I viewed the tag. Since there's no real realtor following me around, those tags have to help sell me on the home.

If you could MatterPlus that, maybe I could click that tag and explore the rest of the home while a narrator told me more about that waterfall I'm interested in. That would be multitasking. I'd like the option of being able to explore and learn about different parts of the house without having to stay at the waterfall until the narration about that feature ended. In a real-world scenario, my realtor and I might walk away from the waterfall but he might still keep telling me about it if he knew I was fascinated with waterfalls. One thing missing from virtual tours that aren't video tours is the sales pitch.

MatterPlus could also let us hear the sound of running water when we got near that waterfall.
Post 6 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Abalkhail,
Congratulations on your first scan! I did not go through your entire model, but here are some tips/best practices for future scans.

1) Always start your scan on the interior of a building. You do not have to finish scanning the inside before moving outside, but it is a good idea to have at least covered the walls on the interior that you will also be scanning from the exterior.

2) While this may be a style preference, scans should be roughly the same distance apart for areas that have roughly the same amount of interest. Scans in areas without a lot of details can be spread farther apart.

3) When marking windows, mark them from both sides. This will give you a cleaner look to the dollhouse when viewing from the outside into the house. Also, be sure not to mark doorways that you would like to walk through as windows. The door leading to the living room is marked as a window pointing inward. That is why it is difficult to move in and out of that door.

4) Make sure you hide your equipment. It is visible from a couple of scans near the main entrance.

5) If you are going to scan door with it open and shut, use the trim tool to mark the threshold. This will eliminate any artifacts that make it difficult to pass through, like in the main entrance of your model.

I hope these tips help! And congratulations again!

Jon
Post 7 IP   flag post
Dana Point, CA
RPOceanic private msg quote post Address this user
JonJ..
"5) If you are going to scan door with it open and shut, use the trim tool to mark the threshold. This will eliminate any artifacts that make it difficult to pass through, like in the main entrance of your model."

This is an interesting tip... pardon my ignorance, but I'm not sure I understand. Could you clarify?
Post 8 IP   flag post
You can use the trim markers to draw a box around the door threshold and this will eliminate any artifacts that may have been created due to having the door shut in one or more scans. Just make sure to point the arrows inward.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Dana Point, CA
RPOceanic private msg quote post Address this user
Ahhhhhhh!!... now I getit. Never occurred to me- great tip-Thanks!!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
@JonJ thanks alot for the info,

After your tips, I have resolved the problems and the model was published and won the customer satisfaction.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=2tpfDFKAb8K
Post 11 IP   flag post
Glad I could help!
Post 12 IP   flag post
101429 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?