Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Matterport CLIENT asking about 4K3677

Integratedman private msg quote post Address this user
What would you say to a Matterport client asking to shoot in 4K?

TY

Gary Roberts
Post 1 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport shoots 6 2k tiles per tour for a combined 12k. In theory your client may see 4k when viewing a tour full screen.

Showcase has support for 4k tiles... And I think 8k tiles were added recently. I regularly check tours posted on Matterport.com to see if these tilesets are ever in use and if I can confirm the use of a newer model prototype. I will post of I ever do.

What would be nice is if matterport would add a quality toggle on tours similar to YouTube. Even though it does a nice job detecting the appropriate resolution, clients like yours would likely perceive added value in the platform by seeing this.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
They are most likely mixing up matterport with a video. I get that all the time. Just need to educate thsm
Post 3 IP   flag post
SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
I can show you the rig that I have organized for a client to shoot motion 4k, a few other options out there. Seems like one solution has emerged for matterport - but these are other one of my favorites is dark corner rig using A7 sony camera's.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
So I've thought about this.

4K = 4,000 x 2,000 in a 2:1 ratio -- or 3840 × 2160 in a 16:9 ratio.

It is, as @Jamie pointed out, a term that is related to VIDEO, not to photography. Most photography exceeds these dimensions.

Matterport tours are displayed with 3 different sets of tiles depending on the device you are viewing on and your Internet speed -- just like how YouTube videos are available at different quality levels.

On a fast connection with a large screen, Matterport will serve you 2K tiles -- which means that the entire tour will be 6,000 x 3,000.

The maximum you could ever imagine viewing at once with a ridiculous fov would be 180 degrees -- which would mean the maximum that could be viewed would be a 3,000 x 1,500 image.

I'm not sure what the maximum FOV is off the top of my head, but I'm going to take back what I said earlier.

In no stretch of the imagination is Matterport 4K -- yet.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Integratedman private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you all for time and thought given to my posted question..but ultimately I think Jamie nailed it with the confusion of photography and video...now putting my teacher cap on!..
Post 6 IP   flag post
101706 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?