Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Matterport video extraction3666

HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
here's how i like to generate .mov files from MP models

Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Do you find people think the video is a bit long?
Post 2 IP   flag post
no one has complained so far. i'll update you. it takes a certain amount of time to walk through a house. it takes quite a while to climb the lighthouse!
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
Nice work. What software are you using?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Very true
I've found people get turned off around the 2.5 to 3 minute mark
Post 5 IP   flag post
quicktime screen capture. you have to tweek the showcase window with the options box (path opacity=0, FOV=115-or whatever) to allow you to crop all the garbage out of the bottom of the MP window. why, why can't they move the controls, logos, etc. out of the frame? QT movie into iMovie to address color, etc and add titles.
Post 6 IP   flag post
PhotoJoe private msg quote post Address this user
Here's one I did today for my Facebook page. It was originally 60 seconds but I felt that was too long so I cut it at 30.

https://www.facebook.com/HiTechTour/videos/1255292117891523/
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Jamie I watched Gone With the Wind which lasted over 2 hours. (it was noticeably more interesting, admittedly.)
Post 8 IP   flag post
Hahaha good point. I've sat through all 3 lord of the rings too
Post 9 IP   flag post
UserName private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for getting us to the top of the light house. On a possible related note, Matterport just posted this job listing. The person they hire will ..

==
Receive a model of a 3D interactive walk-through of a scanned space (created by Matterport) and create a 3D RENDERED version (based on specs) of this walk-through so that it becomes a 3D interactive walk-through of the rendered model. Make the rendered model of the walk-through VR capable, to be used on VR goggles.
===

I wonder if Matterport wants to make it possible for you to create a real OBJ model that you can explore and use to create a fluid video walk through. Ideally, you could do that without touching the keyboard or a mouse. You draw your path, like you can in some architectural programs, and the software creates a movie from your path. Then again, that job description may mean something else. Either way, once you get a real 3D Obj model, you can make your own video walkthrough in an app like Unity.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101707 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?