Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

VR now live on iOS App Store3657

Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
Its live but I dont yet think its working properly.

When I went to a known webpage on my iPhone of a 3D Tour, I didnt see the 3D glasses on the web page that I could click on. I thought that VR icon would now show up when viewing the tour on an iPhone. And then when you clicked on them, it would open the Matterport Apple app and prompt you to download the 3D space through the app. Am I missing something here or doing something completely wrong?

Link to the App: https://appsto.re/us/zOPQfb.i
Post 1 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
ArtisticConcepts private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
@hometakes I noticed that too. Have you tried it with the direct VR link available in the Workshop?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
Someone saved me the time and sent me a link to one. Yes, that link worked. However, in the tour biz where we use tour templates and the tours are embedded into a template (thats what all of my customers get, i dont send them a separate Matterport link), there needs to be an easy way to get to the VR version. So I thought that you would see the VR icon on the tour when viewing on an iPhone. Matter of fact, its pointless showing the VR icon on Desktops as you can VR from a desktop anyway, right? So whats the point in showing it on a desktop browser. I dont get it. Anyone want to chime in and educate me if I am missing something?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
I just figured out the answer to my own question as to why they put the VR icon on Desktops. Its so you can copy the vr link and send it to your own phone. Still doesn't make any sense as to why you can't see the VR icon on the iPhone itself.
Post 5 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
Sounds like a possible bug. It's only been live for a couple of days.

I personally think there should be an easier way to push the info to the app. I think that navigation is one thing that is/will continue to slow VR uptake.

When I demo VR on the Gear VR for a client, I visit the tour in advance and then pre-load the tour to the VR App. That way it is already downloaded and good to go. I'ts still a little awkward getting the indiovidual property loaded when it is demo time and I really don't expect the home user to intitively know how to enter the tour once they click the link in the showcase anyway. I think this is an early stages learning thing, but I think if they can discover a better method to get from "Hey! look at that tour to Wow, this is what it looks like in VR" then the market will open up even more. Cardboard is a step in the right direction as far as simplicity is concerned, but the quality of the experience is not the same.

I would say "Baby Steps" but the industry is picking up speed and I can see it moving mainstream VERY QUICKLY now that there is an iOS app available.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
I can't believe the transitions fade from one point to the next. I bought Gear VR too and saw on their dream homes when viewing in VR how you visually travelled along the path when moving. Not so with our versions, unless you want to spend $500 plus. I think 1/2 the coolness is taken away with fade to the next spot transitions. I wont be showing this until this is implemented as well as a non pixelated version. Plus, its really annoying that the only area thats in focus is what is directly in front of you..... Agents are hard enough to show them new stuff, so if its going to look sub-standard at best, then forget about it. The path to the VR has to be so simple or they wont go for it. Of that, I am certain.....
Post 7 IP   flag post
Mikesobay private msg quote post Address this user
@hometakes If you have a moment could you explain how you open the link inside the VR App? I don't see an option for this. Thanks
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
All that Matterport need to do is throw a switch, and VR on iOS is live.

This is a duplicate thread. See here.
Post 9 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
@metroplex360 I think you just created an infinite loop!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
@metroplex I searched first VR released/ VR live and when it didn't come up with a result, I thought that it hadn't been posted. The other post was started 23 days ago and the '17th' as an expected date. I only saw this after my post. However, that said, my post will go out to all that subscribe to all emails and as such is an announcement and works best with its own announcement title.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
@Mikesobay I didn't open it inside the app, I clicked on the VR link and the app automatically opens to the tour. Now for the embedded links to work. Matterport announced on their forum that
Post 12 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
@hometakes I just got the chance to read your earlier message about the transition in VR. It is my understanding that the fades are to prevent viewing discomfort and nausea. It makes sense. I've tested the Gear VR on some people who couldn't stand to ride a VR coaster, but could do a home tour with fades.

That's just how I understood that decision.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
If that's the case, then those people are the ones who shouldn't put on a VR head set. Just like if physically getting on a roller coaster, if yoy get motion sickness, then don't get on. That's the equivalent of saying well we,re only going to make this roller coaster without loops and twists as some people get sick. So let's just take the coolness out of it.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@hometakes You mentioned "the transitions fade from one point to the next."
I just have tried and it can be set to "fly-through" in iphone app. It just liked the Andriod version of cardboard. The default setting was "instant transitions" on iphone app also.
Go "Option", off "Automatic Settings", off "Force Monoscopic", off "No-Motion Mode".

You can try "St Edmund Hall Old Library" at the 3rd page of "A LESSON IN HISTORY". It has two icons: Cube and Compass. Select "i" to see the detail about icons.

All DEMOs with "Compass" icon can run in "fly-through" mode.

Enjoy the fly through.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
@JuMP Yes, but not on the Spaces that we create, no? I thought that it only applied to the ones that Matterport "Hand Creates".
Post 16 IP   flag post
Steve3D private msg quote post Address this user
After a little investigating and playing with the iPhone matterport VR app and some of my 3D spaces I understand the differences with coreVR.

Matterport by default converts a space with their "coreVR". This means you cannot experience "fly through" transitions. Only "instant" transitions are used in coreVR. Instant transitions are a black fade - similiar to a video fade (boring!!).

If you convert the space to CustomVR then you can experience the fly through transitions. The user can then chose which way they want to experience the space.

I do prefer the fly-through transitions. The instant transitions do not provide a very interesting VR experience. You kind of can WOW a client with instant transitions. Not as much as them seeing the fly-throughs.

I am disappointed with this. Glad to see that you can now put an iPhone in a google cardboard and experience matterport VR. But it is not quite a full experience in my opinion.

Matterport reasons the instant transitions are now an industry standard. They state that the fly-through transitions cause motion sickness. Not from what I tried. They are nice steady even-moving motions to the next spot. I enjoyed viewing homes with these transitions.

A game in VR on the iPhone...now that did cause me some motion uneasiness. Mainly because you don't control the experience. The matterport VR is under your control as a viewer. I think they are WRONG but are using this as a reason to tell us.

I think someone said the customVR cost $500. not sure about that number as I haven't sent matterport an email to inquire. Either way the additional cost to a client is a show stopper.
Post 17 IP   flag post
101646 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?