Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Problems

Style Changes>Matterport TAGS with Big scan?3617

RGO private msg quote post Address this user
Hi

We built a scan for a big school with 6 scans - Buildings that are linked by MP TAGS as portals.

But the client is having issues about getting around. At the front door, we have 7 TAGS that allow a visitor to visit anywhere on campus.

Once they get inside one location, the director wants to get back into the options.

I mentioned to her to use the CLOUD Icon and then deep dive back into the front door where all the TAGS are located.

She asked about turning a TAG a different color.

I mentioned that this company (MP) has yet to make STYLE a part of the TAGS.

TAGS need the following:

1. One Color for Text
2. One Color for Pictures
3. One Color of Video
4. One Color for Navigation

There should be a different SHAPE for navigation as a PORTAL will take the viewer to a different SCAN, FLOOR.

So I am having to make excuses to my client about her visitors having to float across 7 TAGS to locate the one that takes them to a different building.

She sees the simple need to change colors.

Am I now whistling in the wind without an obvious need or fix for my client ?

Anyone know if MP is going to make STYLES available any time soon ?

Seems simple enough....but the bigger scans that cross over to other buildings, need better tools for visitors. Text, Pictures, Video, Portals....are all reasons for variety in these TAGS.

I am getting the sense that my client is getting nervous that navigating the scans of their school is not going to be easy, but confusing.

Crap !

rgo
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
To my knowledge you can't change the colours
Maybe you can have a single page website with each area shown under a thumbnail
Post 2 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@RGO Maybe Matterplus the solution @Metroplex360 came up with would work better for you.clickable text
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hi Helen
That would enhance the tour, but the navigation element going to and from 5-6 or 7 buildings, is the concern with my client.

Isn't this Matterplus run as a 3rd party solution ?

Didn't MP pull the plug on other 3rd party solutions ?

If that is so, how long before the work to build options using Matterplus......has to be pulled because of MP ?

Then this becomes a limited solution for creativity...for the time before MP steps in.

Correct ?

rgo
Post 4 IP   flag post
Just got a reply from the client and this is the real world with multiple buildings. We have a solution in mind, but you can see and read the concerns of clients:

"I understand what you're saying about the lack of flexibility with the tags. It's too bad you can't just make one red... that would really help!

So, you're suggestion: Once your deep into a scan the quickest way to get out is to click on the 3D building icon on the bottom left side of the screen. This will bring you back to the dollhouse view. From there you can go anywhere in the scan.

What I'm finding is, if you're in a Children's House classroom, for example, and you want to go somewhere else, you click on the 3D building icon for dollhouse view, but this is only a view of the Children's House floor. I have to click on "floorpan" then hover over all the circles to find the one that says "click to go back to main building." Is there an easier way?

Maybe your suggestion of changing the starting point to the Student Entrance might help.

We obviously want to make this as clear and simple to navigate as possible. I'm just not sure how to do that, without knowing all the ins and outs of the technology. Your thoughts and suggestions are most valuable!
"

Their concern....wanting the scan to be as user friendly as possible. Having lots of TAGS, with no STYLE changes, it may appear confusing to an outside visitor, new to the technology. All TAGS with the same color, shape....when what you really need is one color just for TEXT....one color just for PICTURES....one color for just VIDEO.....one NEW SHAPE for NAVIGATION.

rgo
Post 5 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
@RGO Here is a link to a very nice possible solution done by TicketyView
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
I think @lisahinson has shown one of the best solutions. You can figure out how they did the frames by looking in the developer tools and checking out the code. Or just ask how to make the links in the popout window.

I like their implementation of the multiple tours on one campus.

If you contact the site owner of tickety view they might help you out.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thank you...we have in our original proposal, was a drone flight over the school footprint. Having that aerial view with TAGS as portals is a nice addition, but until we get there in the Spring.....as we just had our first 18 inches of snow the other day here south of Boston, we need to come up with solutions now. We have a game plan, but having to add lots of other SAME COLOR SHAPE TAGS as portals, can make the model looked cluttered.

When completed to the satisfaction of the client, we'll run the link here so others can see.

We are in the planning stage of doing INTERVIEW videos to add to each of the building and education levels.

Part C, if the budget allows, we come back in the spring to capture kids at each teaching station and make short videos that are then TAGGED.

This is a private school, so marketing for new students is the reason they had us come in.

Thanks for everyone's help....appreciate the community support.
rgo
Post 8 IP   flag post
101436 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?