Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,022 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 44 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BuyCamerasRealvision

Realvision 3D/VR Platform: Indepth Analysis3606

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Video: Realvision | Video courtesy of Realvision

Video: Realvision | Video courtesy of Realvision

Realvision 3D/VR Platform: Indepth Analysis

In the single most comprehensive hands-on side-by-side analysis, We Get Around Blog Guest Columnist, Paul Collart ( @pcollart ), compares five (5) 3D/VR Camera Systems/ Hosting/Processing.

This Forum post includes an excerpt from his analysis about:

Realvision (formerly known as Toursler)

You can read the entire article We Get Around Guest Blog Post here:

Compare 3D/VR Platforms for Scanning/Shooting Homes: Matterport, InsideMaps, Realvision, iGuide, immoviewer (and More)

If you are thinking about buying a 3D Tour solution, or wondering if other solutions are a threat or an opportunity to the 3D Tour solution that you are using now, Paul's analysis is likely to save you days - even weeks - worth of research.

How does this analysis help you?

Happy New Year,

Dan

---

Realvision (formerly known as Toursler)

Realvision, formerly Toursler, markets as a high-end solution to professional photographers to serve real estate agents. The capture process requires some training and skill, but most photographers will find the learning curve to be very short. The solution leverages off-the-shelf, professional photography equipment, which is comprised of a DSLR camera body, fisheye lens and a tripod head system for precise rotation of the camera. Please note specific models are required for each component, which can be found on their web site.

The Realvision Platform is their cloud hosted infrastructure for administration and property web-site hosting. The base offering includes an Interactive Tour (3D tour), Photo Gallery and Floor Plan. The 3D tour is comprised of 360°x180° degree panoramic images referenced on a schematic floor plan, while the Photo Gallery provides a simple interface to browse through select property images.

Other key Realvision features include the following:

✓ Ability to extract print and display ready images directly for the 3D tour
✓ Photo gallery capable of displaying images from 3D tour or from any source
✓ Branded schematic floor plan following ANSI Z765 standards, which includes room labels, dimensions and floor area for each floor
✓ Ability to password protect tours and take them off line at any time
✓ Integration with Google Analytics for tracking statistics
✓ Grant access to additional users to edit tours, upload images to gallery, and create still images
The Realvision Palo Alto Eichler sample 3D tour can be found here.

Realvision Creating the 3D Tour

Since I did not have the minimum hardware requirements and the costs were beyond my budget to perform this review on my own, Realvision coordinated the capture of this property with a service provider in my area. This operator also performed the data pre-processing and initial administration described below.

Realvision Equipment Setup

I did not include equipment setup for the other solutions, but wanted to mention the importance of calibrating the Realvision tripod and lens height to enable accurate 3D model and schematic floor plan creation. Realvision does not require manual, on-site measuring. This calibration process only take a few minutes.

Realvision Data Capture (3D Tour)

To capture a single HDR scene or scan, the camera is manually rotated to four pre-configured positions every 90-degrees, where the operator captures 3 exposures at every position for a total of 12 images. To flag the completion of a single scan, the operator places their hand in front of the lens and takes another 3 exposures for a total of 15 images per scene. This last shot or end-of-scene marker acts as a visual indicator required for file sorting and uploading. The operator can inspect the image results during this process and make necessary camera adjustments.

Realvision documents specific scene capture requirements to ensure the best navigation experience and appropriate processing of the 3D tour and schematic floor plans. Some of those requirements are listed below.

✓ Each scan location must have a clear line-of-sight to another scene
✓ Connected scans should be spaced at a maximum of 16 feet or 5 meters
✓ Significant features (i.e. walls, stairs, porches, patios, balconies, terraces, basement walkouts, etc.) should have a scan within 3 feet or 1 meter to be included in the floor plan
✓ At least one scan in each room should provide a good view to extract well-composed still photos
✓ Scans not intended to be shown in the 3D tour (i.e. cluttered rooms, messy garages, storage areas, house exteriors, etc.) should be create to create a full 3D model of the property and a complete schematic floor plan
After finalizing HDR scene (or scan) capture, reference photos with a single exposure are required for any small hidden areas (i.e. laundry stations, water heaters, furnaces, closets, etc.) not visible in the 3D tour. These photos are used as visual reference during schematic floor plan creation.
For the example Palo Alto Eichler property, the following images were created:

✓ 51 total HDR scenes (or scans), which is comprised of 22 outdoor and 29 indoor scans
✓ 14 reference photos of closets

The total operator time to capture the Palo Alto Eichler was about 80 minutes, in which the scan took 70 minutes and the reference photos took 10 minutes. Each scene (or scan) takes about 1 minute 20 seconds to move the tripod & camera to a new location and perform scan (60 seconds).

Realvision Pre-Processing (Verify Data)

Realvision requires a desktop computer to review and sort data prior to upload into the Realvision system.

After copying the files from the camera’s SD card to a desktop computer, the operator must verify the order and numbering of the scene images and verify each unique scene contains the required 15 images.

The operator must also separate out the reference photos. This process for the Palo Alto Eichler project took about 10 minutes.

Note that this is the opportunity for an operator to modify the images with photo editing software to remove reflections or blur content to each of the (3) exposure images.

The sample Palo Alto Eichler project took about 1.5 GB of storage space, which takes nearly two hours to upload to the Realvision cloud with a 2 Mbps upload speed.

Realvision Post-Processing (Create Tour, Upload Data, Create Image Gallery)

The operator logs into the Realvision system, creates (or books) a new tour, configures basic information (i.e. address, tour URL, description, real estate agent info, etc.) and uploads the reviewed data within the Pre-Processing step. The system automatically stitches the data into full panoramic images, which typically takes several hours to complete after upload. Once the scans are processed, the system enables options to adjust the brightness, contrast, temperature, tint, and saturation for each panoramic.

Navigating to the Gallery tab, the operator can dynamically extract images from the 3D tour, specify specific aspects ratios and provide captions for each image. Images from other sources can also be imported and included in the image gallery. Navigating this example, Realvision has options to download the images in multiple formats, including MLS, screen and full sized images. Below is a screen shot of the Gallery editor.

Please see this video of the entire creation process of a 3D tour.

(Continued ...)

----
The analysis continues here and includes video, examples and charts.

----

Best,

Dan

---

Promoted Post

Post 1 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe I am a little dense, but I am confused.

How do I get the needed great? Is it byod (bring your own device) or custom like iGuide?

I saw a short list of Canon cameras, lenses and panoheads on the website and was a bit confused.

Also how is the floorplan created?

I love the end product. Toursler has gone from a company I thought was underwhelming to a product that I could imagine selling. Seems fast to shoot, more cost effective for Realtors and the UI is stunning.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Great = gear. I would love to use my existing Nikon D7000 with Nikkor 10.5mm fisheye. There is no support telephone number on the site... Wish there was.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101268 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?