Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,050 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3DCBREFlooredPreBuilt

3D Pre-Built: Floored Acquired by CBRE Group3565

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
CBRE announced today (3 January 2017) that it acquired Floored.

Two years ago, I wrote a We Get Around Blog Post ...

3D Models: Matterport Versus Floored

... comparing 3D models of built spaces (Matterport) with 3D models of pre-built spaces.

At that time, Matterport was still promoting its "coming soon" Matterport Studio solution (which sounded like Floored).

What ever happened to Matterport 3D Studio??

I could imagine that Matterport was an unsuccessful bidder on Floored. Seems like if Matterport could not build Matterport Studio, they would be better off acquiring a company that already had the vision computing team in place to apply 3D for pre-built spaces to built spaces.

Also, CBRE Group has equity in Matterport. So, I wonder how Matterport is feeling about one of its stakeholders taking this chip off the table.

What do you think?

What does this announcement mean for 3D/VR/360º Pros?

Best,

Dan

P.S. Below is most of the CBRE press release.

--

CBRE Group, Inc. Acquires Floored, Inc., a Leading Producer of Advanced Technology for Commercial Real Estate

Los Angeles | January 3, 2017

Floored’s 3D Graphics Technology Further Enhances CBRE’s Marketplace Differentiation

CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBG) today announced that it has acquired Floored, Inc., a leading producer of SaaS (Software as a Service) solutions, including scalable, interactive 3D graphics technology, for the global commercial real estate industry. Floored gives CBRE’s professionals and clients access to advanced technology, and significantly increases the company’s capabilities to develop technology innovations that enhance marketing and leasing of commercial properties.

“We are very excited to add Floored’s interactive 3D graphics to our growing suite of technology tools,” said Chandra Dhandapani, CBRE’s Chief Digital & Technology Officer. “Many of our leading professionals and clients have been using Floored technology and are very excited about their solutions. It gives our professionals a powerful advantage in the marketplace, enabling them to configure, visualize and compare vacant space and arrange virtual tours. Our clients will continue to have access to these, and future, powerful products.”

Floored’s two main existing SaaS products are:

Protofit, which allows users to visualize and edit floor plans in 2D and 3D (including accurate external window views from each floor) and to create customized space layouts in real-time. Protofit, which is being rebranded as Floored Plans, has been utilized in over 65 million sq. ft. of properties.

Luma, which enables a high-quality, interactive, next-generation customized 3D “walk-through” experience for new, unbuilt and repositioned spaces. This technology has been used to visualize space from project concept and design all the way through leasing and marketing efforts and is now being re-branded as Floored Build.

The products are used by property owners like Related, Equity Office, Hines and Beacon Capital.

Floored’s co-founders – Chief Executive Officer David Eisenberg, Chief Technology Officer Dustin Byrne and Vice President of Engineering Judy He – and their 36-person team of engineers, designers, 3D modelers and client support personnel will all join CBRE as part of the acquisition. Mr. Eisenberg will serve as SVP of Digital Enablement & Technology for CBRE’s leasing business (called Advisory & Transaction Services).

“We look forward to working with Dave, Dustin, Judy and their incredibly talented team to develop other innovative capabilities to enable exceptional outcomes for our clients. This will also give us momentum in tapping into the New York digital talent base,” Ms. Dhandapani said.

“We have worked very hard over the past four years to invent groundbreaking technology for commercial real estate,” said Mr. Eisenberg. “We couldn’t be more excited to bring this innovation to the industry’s premier, globally integrated commercial real estate services and investment firm. Together we will build powerful advantages for CBRE’s clients.”

About CBRE Group, Inc.

CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBG), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (based on 2015 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees (excluding affiliates), and serves real estate investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services. Please visit our website at www.cbre.com.

About Floored

Floored, Inc., founded in 2012, is a New York City-based company that creates interactive 3D graphics and technology for the hospitality and commercial, residential, industrial, and retail real estate industries. Floored has worked with hundreds of clients from around the world, with enterprise customers including Related, Equity Office, Hines and Beacon Capital.
Post 1 IP   flag post
SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
Ok so it looks like it went off line for now, do you believe this product will still be avail to general public or is this now being used with in CBRE? No links I could find to product and I actually need to do a 3D interior space representation of a Brownstone here on Brooklyn - it's not in good visual shape at all and rather then throw paint on what is really a renovation waiting to happen we where just going to scan the space and bring it into a 3D problem like sketch up but Floor looks great - am I finding out too late?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
I was wondering what's going on with Floored, they've been so quiet after a fanfare start couple of years back. The plot thickens around 3D Real Estate....

@spencerlasky There are several services you can use to make the brownstone look presentable to buyers. You are doing a Matterport scan, so creating another 3D with Archilogic might be an overkill but it's a nice tool https://about.archilogic.com/

My company Blue-Sketch can do a 3D Floor Plan (still .jpg) where we visualize what the place could look like after renovation.

See examples here

http://blue-sketch.com/visualizing-renovation-with-3d-floor-plans/
http://blue-sketch.com/1920s-remodel/
http://blue-sketch.com/a-good-source-blueprint/

If some of the rooms have an "ok" floor and wall finishes we can put furniture in a photograph of the room to make it look nicer. This is our Virtual Staging service, see examples here

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/3451/page/1/before-and-after-blue-sketch-virtual-staging/#5

Kind regards,

Petra / www.blue-sketch.com
Post 3 IP   flag post
SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
Petra, thanks so much for the links and reviews, I think one of those options can work, I'm sure we will work together I'm more about getting out and shooting so when I get a space that has no furniture I'll look you up. For the floor plan to virtual tour space archaeologic seems like the right fit - I can't go wrong with that option it looks like. I'm also going to include the actual matter port tour for the listing - the doors and walls are a mess, dog scratched the heck out of this old brownstone honestly it's in terrible condition and looks extremely un attractive but even given that and the 2.5m price tag they will have people lined up, and why not eliminate those that might not be able to see through the bad paint and dirt - so this way the people bidding really know what it's like, and they don't have to send folks through as often - again the dog is a big issue. In the end these folks will walk away with a few million,and maybe a few thousand more if we can get a small bidding war going, inventory is low! - if only I bought a brownstone back in the 80's here! Thanks so much I'll send a email through your sight to connect. Spencer
Post 4 IP   flag post
101621 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?