Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Tips

Tip>Processing the Same Model Multiple Times3561

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Did you know that you can process the SAME model multiple times and only be charged ONCE for processing?

Try Our Matterport Uploading Workflow

1. After a job, we begin uploading Matterport scans immediately: whether or not we have finishing trimming
2. Once the model is finished uploading, we complete complete trimming
3. Now, when we upload the same model - just with trimming changes - the upload takes SECONDS
4. We use the first Matterport Spaces 3D Tour link in WP3D Models WordPress Plug-in to build out our Single Property Website (We may even send this version to the client).
5. We may still "clean up" the trimming and upload the model a 3rd, 4th or even 5th time. Again, no additional Matterport processing charge
6. When we (finally) get a trimmed version of the model we like, we substitute the URL in WP3D Models. Since we give clients the URL generated by WP3D Models, the URL does NOT change, even though the Matterport link did.

This workflow enables us to create the best-looking Matterport Spaces 3D Tour possible for our clients AND not get charged multiple times by Matterport for processing the same model.

Are you using this workflow or something different?

Happy New Year,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
kevshed private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan,

I'm curious... being new and have not yet tinkered a huge amount - my expectation, is that i can use workshop to update the model free of charge... your post implies that typically matterport sting you with charges, hence your workflow.

When do matterport typically start to impose charges on models that are uploaded?

tx
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@kevshed

Please see this We Get Around Network discussion about Matterport processing and hosting pricing ...

Matterport Scan Pricing?

Happy New Year,

Dan

P.S. Matterport does not charge to edit the models in Matterport Workshop ...
Post 3 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod,
4-5 different models seems excessive. I rarely have to trim more than once, what are you fixing on your 3rd or 4th iteration? Maybe I am missing something and could deliver a better final product with your insight.
Thanks,
Jon
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

@JonJ

Thank you for asking ... that's great that you nail it the first time.

In this example - scanned by We Get Around Atlanta Pro @YairYepez - we use the window trim tool for the outdoor patio to make the dollhouse view have "glass windows" (where there are none)

Sometimes we nail it on the first try. Sometimes it may take few tries to get it "just right" ... this is an example of when it may be hard to line-up the "glass window" where there is no glass.

The takeaway from this tip is that Matterport doesn't charge for reprocessing; so, take advantage of that, if you need/want to.

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
That is a great tip. I also mark exterior borders with the window tool for a cleaner look. However, I noticed that you did not mark the windows looking out to the patio. Was that intentional? Do your clients prefer that effect? These questions may be better on another thread😆.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@JonJ

Great tip about marketing exterior borders with the window tool.

Can you clarify about marketing the windows? Perhaps mark it up and post here?

All,

Yes. Just because it is called windows, doesn't mean you can't use it in the two ways @JonJ and I describe above.

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
The windows in this dollhouse view are transparent. Meaning that you are able to look though them and as you rotate the dollhouse house, the view through the windows change. If they had been marked, the side that was marked interior would have a fixed image and you could not see through them. Marking them as windows also prevents you from walking through them in first person view. In a situation like this, I would mark each side with the window tool so that the image on the windows are fixed from both sides.

I also noticed, that this is an older model (created 5/26/15) and you may have changed how your do this now.

Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@JonJ

Ah! Great catch. My bad. I see that I scanned this space and marked it: not @YairYepez.

I will mark the windows as you indicated - both sides - reprocess (no charge!) and post to this discussion.

All,

Two related tips:

1. Always save scans
2. Use WP3D Models so that the client's URL does not change; even though I am reprocessing and generating a new Matterport URL, the WP3D Models generated link for this model will not change.

I will post the re-processed imagine (no charge) to this discussion Thursday (4 January 2017) AND note that the client link does not change.

@JonJ

Great tips. Much thanks Great learning for all.

Best,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

@JonJ

Yep! Models looks much better now that I marked the patio/living room windows on both side with the windows trimming tool.

Plus, you can see that I went to far with the window marketings so that they invade the door spaces some. So, I will update the trim and re-process (again at no charge by Matterport ...

Best,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
@JonJ that is a pretty cool catch. I never realized that the window tool did that in dollhouse view! Thanks for the tip!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
If you upload multiple times does it replace the model each time, or do you have multiple models in workshop that you can work with?
Post 12 IP   flag post
It does not replace the previous model. You will end up with multiple copies on your account.
Post 13 IP   flag post
101424 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?