Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
iPadVideo.infoVideo

Export Matterport tour in video format3544

Jamwoc private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a way to export the Matterport content in a video format to be edited? If so, is this the tour that is exported?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Jamwoc

www.iPadVideo.info from real3Destates.com

Since you are a Premium Member of the We Get Around Network, please see your Welcome Onbaord Letter to save $10 on each video you order.

Happy new year,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
ArtisticConcepts private msg quote post Address this user
It's also possible to record the Core VR experience as you navigate on the Gear VR. That file could be exported and edited as well.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks Dan, but I'd prefer to have someone do it on our end. @ArtisticConcepts I don't understand what you mean by recording the Core VR experience on the Gear VR.

Isn't there a way to just export the Matterport tour file so we can edit on the backend?
Post 4 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
When you are using the Samsung Gear VR, you can exit to the main home menu and under utilities you can choose to capture the screen as you view it. After doing that, you will see a tiny red flashing dot on the top right of your field of view. You can jump back into the app and navigate through the tour and when you finish, the captured video will show up in the Samsung Galaxy photo library to be exported into your editing software.

If you are asking about exporting the tour as in the 3D mesh, to the best of my knowledge, that would violate the TOS, but it would be a useless file unless you wanted to create an animation sequence from it with unity or another program.

Video files are made up of a sequence of images recorded and changing over time. The model data would just be static Info until you chose to animate it. I hope that helps.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@ArtisticConcepts thank you so much for your feedback
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
If you want to record --

I suppose that if you are using an Android Phone that supports Chromecasting the entire window, you could chromecast it to a device that has the capability of recording. I believe that they may be an AirPlay equivalent.

Or you could try out different screen recording solutions for Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hecorat.screenrecorder.free

If running from a desktop, you'd need to use video capture software -- not really my area.

But if you want to make a video by exporting something -- the only thing you can export is the OBJ file. Your mileage is going to vary dramatically based on how DETAILED the OBJ file is. Closer scans = more detail -- but still - depending on the use scenario, it's going to not be that impressive as a video.

If I were to do a video of a Matterport Tour, I'd just invest in the equipment to make walk through videos... a subject I'm not really a pro on.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Rootsyloops private msg quote post Address this user
I use Camtasia for Mac to record the screen while playing back the highlight tour. I combine it with a few drone videos. This is the closest I've come to something workable:

Here's a sample:

Not sure if that's what you're thinking of, but this was pretty easy with Camtasia.
Post 8 IP   flag post
That's pretty cool and it's definitely what I'm looking for. What format was this exported in? Do you know if this program works for Windows too?
Post 9 IP   flag post
UserName private msg quote post Address this user
I recorded moving around inside in my Gear VR last week via that Record feature ArtisticConcepts mentioned. It works for Matterport too. I'm not sure you'd want to use the video file you recorded as a sales tool however. Image and Video capturing from within Gear VR isn't that great.

Rootsyloop's method is probably what you need. I've recorded Matterport automated tours before using screen capture software. If you want to go free, Windows 10 has a "secret" built-in screen capturing tool that records at a high frame rate since it's designed to capture XBox game play. This article shows you how to do it
http://betanews.com/2015/07/19/windows-10-secret-screen-recording-tool/
Post 10 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
I'm doing screen capture on my iMac with QuickTime and then use Wondershare Filmora to edit the video and export to different formats.

Post 11 IP   flag post
Very cool @JC3DCX

Thank you
Post 12 IP   flag post
I tried this on my PC and it worked really well plus exported an mp4 file. Thanks @UserName
Post 13 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@JC3DCX I've heard the Quicktime's screen capture tool is pretty fantastic and such a great thing since it's on all Macs. Are you pretty happy with it?
Post 14 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
Made with the technique I mentioned above,
Post 15 IP   flag post
101436 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?