Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingVirtual Reality

Inman: 3D/VR listings to skyrocket in 20173505

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

A "Must Read" Inman article ...

---

Tech meets real estate trade publication, Inman, reports today (23 December 2016) that VR and 3D listings will skyrocket in this (free) must read article, 5 Real Estate Marketing Trends to Watch Out for 2017 by Grant Findlay-Shirras.

---

Quoting the 3D/VR portion of the article here ...

---

Virtual reality and 3-D listings will skyrocket

Virtual reality (VR) is gaining traction at an unprecedented pace. And many agents started doing 3-D virtual tours for their listings this year.

If you haven’t tried integrating 3-D tours for your own listings, we highly recommend you give it a try. The most popular providers are Immoviewer (DIY value brand), and Matterport (super premium).

For the Realtor who is stuck at an open house — what a beta trap you put yourself in. Sure, there are things you can do to your open house to make you appear more professional and special; however, at the end of the day, you’re no different than the guy at the department warehouse, walking up to people, asking if they need any help or have any questions. No master of sales puts herself in this position.

For the listing agent, 3-D tours allow you to be more efficient and appear tech-savvy in the eyes of your client. You’re being more efficient so you can prospect more, and you’re saving money on gas.

Does this mean you don’t still “show” your clients around? No. You bring them to your office, where you have a sweet setup with an HD TV, nice chairs, snacks and beverages — and then you control the 3-D tour for the client, and sell your client houses!

For sellers, 3-D tours are a safer and more convenient option.

Having people snoop around my house does not make me feel comfortable. It’s not necessary at all.

Me being there doesn’t affect anything. The house can still be staged and spotless. And vacating my house multiple times for hours on end is a seller experience no one likes or wants — and this can absolutely be avoided.

For the buyer, 3-D tours are a more convenient way of looking at lots of houses in a short span of time, and in the initial research phase of their purchase, it is sufficient. This is because the video quality is HD, and you can totally immerse yourself in a panoramic 360-degree view of the property.

Compared to traditional photos of a listing, 3-D tours offer an interactive experience from the perspective of the viewer that is more engaging and fun.

Do buyers still need to go to the physical home? Absolutely!

However, buyers spending one day “touring” showings without the homeowners having to leave, I think, will become the new norm.

Listing agent action step: Start doing 3-D virtual tours now.

Buyer’s agent action step: Start using 3-D virtual tours now.

---

To read the entire free, must read Inman article, click here.

Best,

Dan

Related Forum Topics

Comparing Hardware Cost of 5 3D/VR Platforms
Exponential Growth Coming Soon to Matterport
immoviewer: Create 3D Tours with Ricoh Theta
Post 1 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
There are plenty of recent articles that can support your facebook and other social media postings. Dan showed you this and here is one as well http://finance.yahoo.com/news/virtual-reality-2017-132705660.html

The media is helping you grow your business with articles like these. Post and comment on your social spheres the rest of the year during your clients downtime and you will see them being more receptive.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

@GlennTremain

Thank you for the reminder ...

I just commented on the Inman article on the Inman website.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
That article had at least two points in it for my business. We are a real estate marketing company. Not just photo, video, tour company. The other point that is a focus of my company is:
More Realtors will do content marketing — and smart ones will be more targeted
Post 4 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Some semi random thoughts from a Realtors perspective:

I'm not sure I buy into the "bring them to your office, where you have a sweet setup with an HD TV, nice chairs, snacks and beverages — and then you control the 3-D tour" scenario. In my experience, today's buyers would rather go to the dentist for a root canal then set foot in a broker's office.

And while I love the IDEA that seller's should be able to get their house shot/scanned once as a substitute for (most) showings, I don't think SERIOUS buyers will really feel the same way. It WILL reduce showings overall though. But the buyer still needs their house to be in tiptop shape for when the REAL one comes along.

So... if 3D/VR tours don't help get buyers in your office, and if it reduces physical showings, both those things hurt buyer agents. And if it reduces showings overall, it reduces the buyer's need for agents, hurting the general agent population over time, and possibly reducing commission rates. Discuss.
Post 5 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
@Expertise,
Let's suppose that what this Realtor says is completely true. Then from what I can tell there are only 2 possible directions to go.

1) Find a new profession because Realtors will become obsolete.
2) Embrace the new technology, understand how it can be used to enhance their value and adapt to better serve their clients and show why they are not only relevant but why they are essential.

Technology will continue to advance and may make some traditional roles obsolete, the challenge is to innovate so that this does not happen to you. If you are able to innovate, while your contemporaries stagnate, you will become more valuable and will yield greater rewards!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I cannot believe that Realtors as we know them today are not extinct. Something is highly disconnected in the tech world. Zillow has been the biggest game changer in that all Realtors need to be on there because that's where most people find them.

Realtors have many purposes beyond showing a house. Great Realtors with great properties do a lot of logistical work and they of course protect the seller from the buyer.

When tech reaches the point that it truly takes away the need to go see a house in person (or multiple houses), it will likely increase a Realtors capacity to manage more listings, which will likely drive down the price that sellers pay Realtors due to competition. I see the industry shifting in favor of buyers and sellers -- not necessarily in the favor of Realtors.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
Although some don't believe that clients will come into the office, I think you are able to take the office to them with VR and MP tours. You take a buyer show them a house, they don't like it so you pull out the iPad or Gear VR and show them a few properties right there. Then they can disqualify some properties and find a few that they do want to go see. So you save time and money (and gas) from running all over the place and only showing them qualifying houses.
As far as Zillow goes yes people start their shopping online more often then not 3 weeks in advance of contacting an agent. But the misinformation on Zillow needs corrected by someone and that is going to have to be the agent. I know a lot of agents that strongly dislike Zillow because of misinformation. Mostly the Zestimate.
So the real thing for a realtor is listing the property and making it irresistible through multimedia marketing! And that is where we step in and help.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101429 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?