Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Virtual Reality

Matterport iOS VR: New Googles or Cardboard?3444

Chadcloses private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't actually used VR on any platform yet, as everything I own is iOS based. When the iOS version of VR comes out, will we need to purchase a proprietary version of goggles/headset or cardboard?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
As far as I'm aware, you can use any Google Cardboard device that will fit your phone.

You just load the VR model and slip your phone inside the Google Cardboard to view.

You can pick them up online from $3.00 - $30.00.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Chadcloses

Matterport CoreVR presently pairs with:

✓ Samsung Gear VR (Matterport VR app in Oculus store)
✓ Google Cardboard (Android only) (Matterport VR app)

Matterport has announced plans for iOS VR, though they continue to miss their promise date.

When Matterport releases VR for iOS, I imagine that it will only work with Google Cardboard (initially).

We Get Around Premium Member, Unofficial Cardboard, offers unbranded and branded Google Cardboard inspired, VR Viewers.

You can order one or more unbranded and 20 to 50,000 branded versions from Unofficial Cardboard.

Basic, Standard and Premium Members of the We Get Around Network save 10 percent on branded VR Viewers.

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thank you for your responses and feedback. Being that I've never experienced a tour via VR, it seems to me that the only difference between buying the cheaper cardboard and Samsung VR goggles are esthetics. The phone/Operating system does all the work, and just one vs. the other makes a more futuristic/more appealing to ones eye when presenting this technology. Am I missing anything significant differences between the two VR adapters?
Post 4 IP   flag post
ThreeDImaging private msg quote post Address this user
Gear VR is more immersive. Has a touch pad and a charging port. Also feels better on the face than cardboard.
The differences are not all that big. But this is just the beginning of VR and it's bound to get a better.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'll look up the specs on the Gear VR to see what the touch pad does. Thanks ThreeD!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
So basically in all intents and purposes and devise you use to see VR in right now, is basically just a docking station. or maybe I'm giving them to much credit, it just holds your phone in the right place and not much more.
Post 7 IP   flag post
suncoastskyview private msg quote post Address this user
Google "cardboard" is really just a teaser. The Samsung unit has much better picture quality and a lot more content (even movies). Unfortunately, it only works with a few Samsung phones. There are other VR headsets out there but many are wildly expensive.

We had a "Realtor Tech Expo" a few months ago and I was demonstrating both the cardboard and Samsung VR with MP and the realtors were impressed with it.

Chadcloses: They are more than docking stations. They utilize the phone's accelerometers & magnetometers to sense the viewer's head position and the picture changes accordingly. If you stare at a dot in another "room", Matterport will transport you into that room and you can look all around it just by aiming your face.
Post 8 IP   flag post
terrygrant private msg quote post Address this user
I used a cardboard with my Samsung and the image was not great but then I tried an slightly more expensive one and it was much better. The main difference seemed to be that the more expensive one allowed me to adjust the focus whereas the cardboard required you to hold the headset a little further away from your head to get the focus right (for my old eyes at least :-)which wasnt ideal. So my suggestion is to spend a few more bucks on the slightly better gear. In UK you can pick them up for £10-£20 now.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101640 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?