Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, until now I haven't or didn't need to give anyone collaborators access to our account.

However we now have one client who has several showcases and is asking about stats and changing tags etc on a regular basis. I am also thinking it might be an idea to allow collaborators to add their own mattertags. etc etc

Can any MSP who give access to collaborators tell me the Pros & Cons of doing so.

I remember a thread a while back about collaborators being able to access stuff they shouldn't, has that been fixed?

Cheers
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
If you trust them it should he fine.
Set them up as a user (not admin)
Then you can decide to give them editors access so they can change the model.
Make an individual folder and put their model in there. From there you add them to that directory.
Post 2 IP   flag post
ThreeDImaging private msg quote post Address this user
Exactly like Jamie said.
For stats are use metroplex, an app he created called matterstats.
If This is all they want there's no need to give them access to the showcase. If they want mattertags you will need to give them access.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@Jamie I would assume you are able to restrict them access to only the models you wish for them to collaborate on, right?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah you can add then to an individual model or a folder. I have some clients who I just have a folder for. When I upload from the iPad I'll immediately go into and move it into their fDer while it's still processing. Those clients know to just go into their folder and it's already there
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeDImaging
Exactly like Jamie said.
For stats are use metroplex, an app he created called matterstats.
If This is all they want there's no need to give them access to the showcase. If they want mattertags you will need to give them access.

http://matterapps.com

Thanks for mentioning this! Yes, if all that you need are stats, I think my tool is appropriate.

The app generates a token that is securely stored after providing your Matterport Portal username/password. The token has privileges for accessing the REST API data for stats based on search filters that you provide.

I made this because I have clients who want stats and I didn't want to have to keep logging in and sending screenshots. RSS made sense because I had experience providing RSS-feed based mailing lists for several clients using MailChimp.

Dan had the same scenario too and had for a while been asking me to make a stats widget tool. When I realized that I'd figured out how to make this possible, RSS seemed the best candidate for powering any number of potential 3rd party RSS-based widgets.
Post 6 IP   flag post
tomasdunbar private msg quote post Address this user
I had something similar come up. My client has 11 models currently hosted with me and has a new marketing executive and he wants her to be able to add tags and download pictures from the job sites (pharma company). I set them up as a collaborator and did two skype sessions to teach them how to add takes and take snapshots to be downloaded. My client is now delighted and it has take some extra work out of my hands so I think it is a win win situation
Post 7 IP   flag post
101432 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?