Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceCapture App

Black lines342

CKC private msg quote post Address this user
Just did a scan with the new cam, my gosh, the black lines still there!!! Other than rescanning or deactivating the affected scans or returning the cam (again and pay the shipping fee!!), what can i do???!!! This is really getting so unacceptable. Already sent a note to MP.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Here's the link: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=Dz1r1mtBJxz
Post 27 IP   flag post
What's confusing is when I first walked thru this showcase, the black line was NOT there, but after a few days, it appeared!
Post 28 IP   flag post
ccctucker private msg quote post Address this user
This is a puzzler... Do you use a leveler device with your machine and check it at every scan? (Registration problem). Since it doesn't happen on every scan, it probably won't be the camera or image issue.

I was hoping to see it on the dollhouse mode, that would confirm the registration, but not there. It's not the shiny surface (tile) as the first scan you have doesn't include the same surface, nor does it carry over into the next scan position when you look back on it. I am betting on their stitching software....especially when it occurred on a second camera.

As far as their service, I think they should have sent a new one out upon your service complaint. They did the same with us when we had a battery problem, we had to ship it with $100 insurance fee and they would send it back when they were done. Weeks later....
Post 29 IP   flag post
Hi ccctucker,

Thanks for the input.

What I don't understand now is why the hell when i first walked through this bathroom, there was simply NO lines at all and now a few days later when i opened it, it suddenly appeared!!
Post 30 IP   flag post

It now looks to me that this might be more of a platform/software/stitching problem than a camera/scanning one!
Post 31 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
CKC, I've never seen this come up in my models. I hope others read this thread and look out for this line issue to try and determine if this is an issue in the MP stitching app.
Post 32 IP   flag post
The mystery is why I didn't see it on the first walkthru????
Post 33 IP   flag post
PieroBortolot private msg quote post Address this user
I think there is some ghost in the house.....
I watched the VT and the line is there
I've never seen this
Send a note to matterport and let us know
Post 34 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Gary
Great idea, I think we all need to look at our models and look on different platforms to see if there is an issue. It maybe not as noticeable on our own models unless we look close. I looked at several of ours in Chrome, Ipad and Windows and do not see the issue. But on Ipad I am using a mini even with its good screen resolution it has a small screen and I do not see the issue or anything similar.

Ron
Post 35 IP   flag post
Stitching
One thing I did notice is on stitching and this may need to go in a different thread, is that I noticed camera placement and stitching. I have found that when I am close to a wall, door or in a threshold that the photo stitching and alignment is off, Has anyone seen this and if so have you tried camera placement at different distances to see if this goes away and approximately what distance you get a smooth blend,. I have sent a message to Matterport to see what they say.

Ron
Post 36 IP   flag post
Hi Ron,

Have you also encountered this crazy black lines issue too?

Thanks for sending a note to MP to find out more.

I will try another scan with the new cam and will try different distances and placements and lets see....

Thanks and will keep all posted
Post 37 IP   flag post
Latest feedback from MP's Bob:

"I did get a bit more information from engineering regarding this issue and wanted to pass it along. As i mentioned early on in this event, while i personally had never seen this specific artifact in the past, engineerings initial response was that under the right circumstances the rare appearance of this artifact would not be considered abnormal. Still, given the high volume of occurrences with your original camera the decision was made to provide a replacement. Since your initial report of the issue, we have noted a few more occurrences with other cameras. Given this additional data, the current consensus is that a recent software change has caused this issue to become more prevalent. Engineering has assigned this issue a high priority and is actively working on a resolution."
Post 38 IP   flag post
falconshakka private msg quote post Address this user
great job man ...sorry that you had to go through thess issues but its good to know they are taking this issue seriously
Post 39 IP   flag post
CKC
Great job on pushing Matterport, they seem to be reluctant to listen sometimes and slow to respond to move on issues.

Ron
Post 40 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Well done CKC for following up on this issue which can affect us all.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Will keep you guys posted as the debugging proceeds.
Hopefully no one will get affected!
Post 42 IP   flag post
101646 42 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?