Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DmitriyReev private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All!

Soon I will do scanning of big restaurant in Moscow (1000 m2). Client asking if it's possible to do tour during night (because now restaurant has very nice Christmas lightings) and tour during a daytime and to switch betweent tours. Switch is possible using mattertags with active links, this I know. Question - can we make good quality Views 360 during night and insert them in inside 3D tour? thank you!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

@DmitriyReev

Here's a rooftop restaurant I scanned ...

1. Look for the candle-lit area; I used my iPhone flashlight to "dither" in light ass the Camera rotated. ("dither" so that there are no harsh lines of light and that it looks natural with the candle lights and city lights.)

I hope this is helpful ...

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

@DmitriyReev

If you "walk" outside, you will go from daylight to night time. It did take me 30 minutes to successfully make the first scan connect with two different lighting connections.

If I was going to do it again, in addition to normal scanning, I would have added scans with the camera on the lowest tripod setting at the exit. These would have been easier to get attachment of overlapping scans.

Please do share your Matterport Space here, once done.

Best,

Dan

P.S. I also dithered in light with an LED (outside) and did add lights behind pillars so that you could see further in the dark.
Post 3 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod 6 Columbus Circle Above 6 Hi-Bar is absolutely STUNNING !!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Tourspace private msg quote post Address this user
Dear Daniel,

When u say dither do u mean u put your iPhone on the camera and while it rotates it shines the light the same direction of the camera? (Sorry for asking this...English is not that good so)
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Tourspace

Welcome to the Forum.

I hold my iPhone and shake it so that flashlight is never always in the same place in the field of view. I am "painting light" into the 3D Tour.

I rotate behind the camera; making sure that that the Camera is not casting a shadow into the field of view.

Does that help?

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
101636 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?