Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Floor Plans

Matterport Schematic Floor Plans for $14.993365

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport sent the following eBlast to their clients today (Tuesday, 6 December 2016).)

Feel to comment in this thread.

Happy holidays,

Dan

--

Post 1 IP   flag post
AAS private msg quote post Address this user
Thats pretty cheap. Guess the competition was cutting into there profits.
Post 2 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure if this is good or bad. I will still be using Petra with Blue-Sketch. The customer service is tremendous and delivered in a timely manner...not to mention she is available for revisions, uses color and actually cares about her customers.

GO PETRA!!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
michelg private msg quote post Address this user
I do not see The financial interest , no system metric
I would prefered vr for iOS

GO PETRA !
Post 4 IP   flag post
valen_felipe private msg quote post Address this user
Is the same price also for large models? It says 14.99 each, not from 14.99 .
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@valen_felipe

I sent a note to Matterport Support and ask about the size limitation (and also ask if Matterport supports other languages.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Is Matterport taking advantage of people from impoverished countries for their floorplans? Seriously - when stuff gets this cheap you have to wonder who is doing the work and what they are being paid.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Metroplex360

Is it possible that a third-party supplier has figured out how to automate the entire process?

Hi All,

I encourage you (all) to add 2D schematic floor plans to service offerings as either:

1. free with scan
2. bundled (in your bundle)
3. optional extra (high perceived value)

We Get Around will continue to use Blue-Sketch for our 2D schematic floor plans:

1. Our logo instead of Matterport's logo (that's huge)
2. One day turnaround instead of potentially two days
3. Petra cares and is accessible and responsive (email, voice, Skype)
4. We can name our rooms
5. We get a choice of styles (may vary by client preference)
6. If a client requests a room label change, it's easy
7. I like working with entrepreneurs (responsive)
8. I like that we have control over the line of text we add
9. We can order both 2D and 3D at the same time
10.We can order high-end renderings (1 stop shopping)

While we are always concerned about, price, quality and service - you typically can only get two of the three. I have opted in for quality and service. The difference in cost is De minimis.

As you can tell from the discussion above, Petra has reaving fans such as: @StevenHattan @michelg

Are you a Blue-Sketch raving fan, please give Petra a shout-out here.

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
For international clients, I could imagine these additional benefits:

1. Blue-Sketch supports other languages. Blue-Sketch is already doing labels in Spanish and French, in addition to English
2. I (believe) that Blue-Sketch will do measurements in square meters
3. Matterport Service Providers in other countries can order at their nighttime and get it back in the morning. (Blue-Sketch is located in New Orleans, Louisiana USA)

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@Metroplex360

Is it possible that a third-party supplier has figured out how to automate the entire process?

I really doubt it. I do think they must have standardized (or their supplier has standardized) items like toilets, ovens, etc and it's possible that certain elements are automated.

There's a folder for every model that contains the files that are sent off for floorplan fulfillment. The contents now require an authentication token to access, presumably via a special account level.

semantic/floorplan_000.dxf Simple Vector Floorplan
semantic/floorplan_000.png Line Drawing Floorplan - Numbered
semantic/floorplan_000b.png Rough Line Drawing Floorplan
semantic/floorplan_001.dxf Simple Vector Floorplan (Floor 2)
semantic/floorplan_001.png Line Drawing Floorplan - Numbered (Floor 2)
semantic/floorplan_001b.png Rough Line Drawing Floorplan (Floor 2)
semantic/roomdata.csv Generated Dimensions of Rooms
Post 10 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you @DanSmigrod @StevenHattan @michelg and everyone for the support this forum is giving Blue-Sketch.

I've been receiving a lot of questions whether we will now follow Matterport's example and lower our prices. We are not.

First of all, we could not. As @Metroplex360 points out, that price is not solid. It can take anywhere between 30 minutes to two hours to draw a floor plan. Anyone living in the United States would soon starve to death with that price (even in Louisiana LOL

Second of all, many of you know far too well what it's like when competition starts to pull prices down. As an entrepreneur you have to come up with innovative ways to differentiate yourself and provide more value to your customers.

Blue-Sketch is all about making you succeed. We try to provide value where it's needed, listen to your needs, to be agile but also predictable.

Technologies come and go but trusting relationships are forever. Happy Holidays!
Post 11 IP   flag post
There is absolutely NO NEED to lower your prices. There is absolute value working with you and I've even said, before this was an issue, that you could still charge more (but glad you're not haha).

I've talked with my clients that have used other companies in the past for floor plans. Realtors spend well over $100 for floor plans that are equal to yours. All it takes is a simple Google Search to know this is true.

The fact that I can trust you with my business, that you deal directly with my clients and ALWAYS represent my company in a super positive light is more than enough.
Post 12 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
ArtisticConcepts private msg quote post Address this user
@PetraSoderling I've not had a client needing one yet, but after learning about the difference in your technique versus the alternatives, not to mention you friendly quick response when I initially reached out to you about your services, you have already earned my loyalty.

Quality service deserves quality compensation. "Don’t hesitate to accept hospitality, because those who work deserve to be fed." Matthew 10:10b (NLT)
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
I sent the following questions to Matterport Support:

About Matterport Schematic Floor Plans for $14.99

1. What is the maximum size?
2. Is the $14.99 a new, permanent price or a temporary holiday price?
3. Do you support languages other than English?
4. Do you offer square meters?

Thanks,

Dan

==>Matterport Support Replied

Hi Dan,

Hope all is well with you. The Max size is 10,000 sqft. Permanent price.. The announcement that Matterport is dropping the price of our Schematic Floor Plan service is a permanent price reduction from $36 to $14.99. The new price was officially set on Tuesday at 8am PST. It should reflect on the billing. If you see a discrepancy, please let us know. Metric isn't included yet but working on it for the future. English is the only language supported but evaluating the demand for other languages.

Schematic Floor Plan FAQ

Thanks for your patience.

Best Regards,
[redacted]
Matterport Support
Post 14 IP   flag post
pirusan private msg quote post Address this user
I just sent an order to Blue Sketch.

I did not feel like embarrassing myself by asking a discount!

Gus
Inspirational views
Post 15 IP   flag post
Well, Gus...good for you. I also sent an order in to Blue Sketch today and guess what....

Yep...back already and delivered to the customer.

I love Matterport for 3D Walk-throughs and I love Blue Sketch for floor plans and Virtual Staging.
Post 16 IP   flag post
101437 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?