Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
NonProfitsSchools

Matterport Spaces of Non-Profits?3362

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
If you created a Matterport Spaces 3D Tour at no charge for a non-profit - thank you for giving back - and please embed it in this thread. [How to Embed in We Get Around Network Forum] I image many of us have created Matterport Spaces to help non-profits.

I will start it off. Here's one I did for The Study Hall in Atlanta.

The Study Hall is an after school and summer camp program that serves kindergarten through 5th grade in the greater Peoplestown community of Atlanta, offering an educational and enrichment curriculum that equips 150 children annually to achieve sustained personal and academic success.

I wrote a companion We Get Around blog post about The Study Hall too.

Happy holidays,

Dan

Post 1 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
Really nice! @DanSmigrod. What was the total square footage?
Post 2 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
ArtisticConcepts private msg quote post Address this user
Post 3 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
Here is a recent scan I donated to a local firefighting station in Seattle for training purposes (lots of detailed Mattertags)

Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Tosolini

Wow! That's great. How does the fire station use the 3D Tour (and in particular, the MatterTags)?

Happy holidays,

Dan

P.S. And, this is great inspiration of how we all can help make a difference with our passion ...
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Tosolini That is great!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@dansmigrod It was a proof of concept that I wanted to do, and it may lead to potentially more (paid) scans. The opportunity is to have firefighters explaining to volunteers and the public how their equipment work. It's no substitute to hands on training, but more effective than PowerPoint in class. And it's also a PR tool for higher ups to show the interior of their stations.

In this case, I did the scan and added a volunteer as an editor. He added all the Mattertags and did the internal marketing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Tosolini

Thank you for the backstory. What a great way to "give back" and potentially generate some business.

You rock! Always innovating ...

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Tosolini, @DanSmigrod,@ArtisticConcepts Is it ok to share these models on my Facebook page? They are all really amazing!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@lisahinson - Go for it for mine.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Tosolini You are a rock star! It's true!
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@lisahinson

Yes. This non-profit is one of the examples available to Basic, Standard and Premium Members to embed in their website and post to Facebook.

Since you are a Standard Member, please see your Welcome Onboard Letter (password required). [See section 5]

Best,

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
Thanks @DanSmigrod! (you rock too)
Post 13 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
Feel free to use mine as well. Tosolini, that's exactly the kind of out of the box use I see in the future for this technology! Great Job!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Thanks @ArtisticConcepts -- Yours is really great too. KUDOS!
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
Those are all awesome scans. @Tosolini I told my Assistant Chief that we were going to do a scan of our engine in the near future. Now I have to play catch up to you! Great use of a tour. I would like to add the tour to my demo page of the website. I will give credit to the artists of the tours.

We are going to use it to allow members to tour the trucks and learn where are equipment is when they are not at the station. As part of their quals, they have a knowledge test that asks where different equipment is located on the rigs.

Once I get approval to do the tour and get it done I will post it to the forum.
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini what type of tripod do you use for inside the cab?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@frstbubble Feel free to use our demo if you wish. The tripod I use for all my scans is a MeFoto A1350 Roadtrip.
Post 18 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
@Tosolini, I sent your proof of concept to the PR director for our local FD and he expressed intrest in the possibility of scanning theirs the same way. The way I pitched it was:

"Whenever you get an opportunity to check out this 3D Walkthrough tour of a Station in Washington, please let me know if the City would be interested in doing something similar for training, education, or PR."

We used to work together, so I was able to bypass the formal introduction, but he replied within half an hour and sounded positive.

Thank You!!! I'm constantly looking for new spaces to approach and broaden the potential client base beyond RE. Each person who takes a chance to scan an unusual space is a pioneer and their willingness to push the boundaries will create a larger market and greater opportunity for this to expand and be profitable for us all!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@artisticconcepts Good luck with the new opportunities. I agree that there is potential for MP beyond real estate. It's a matter of constant trial and error and marketing :-)
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Please share your non-profit examples here ...

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 21 IP   flag post
101421 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?