Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Can't get off the ground3356

wallyhawk private msg quote post Address this user
I've had my camera for the Majority of 2016 and have done a grand total of 3 scans. I feel I've tried everything.

I've done cold calling, email blasts (with follow up), social media networking, paid social media ads, craigslist posts, gone to real estate events in person and handed out business cards to interested people, etc.

There is another guy in my area who does the scans and I've heard, from agents not personal experience, he isn't the easiest guy to work with so they are happy someone else is offering the service.

I price compared my prices with his and come out a bit cheaper. Not so much cheaper that there should be reason to doubt the quality. I charge 10 bucks for 100 sq ft. Flat. Still images and everything included.

I always dress professionally when meeting potential clients, speak well, don't curse, don't speak ill of other services or competitors, and work with their schedule.

Looking outside the box on getting this going. I feel like the potential is there, I'm just on the outside looking in.

Thanks in advance.
Post 1 IP   flag post
AAS private msg quote post Address this user
Do some for free show them. Agents are generally allways trying to save a buck. Remember they don't get paid until deal closes which could be 6 months or later. So even saving a few bucks helps them. Give them a free scan or package deals that work out to be cheaper then competition.
Post 2 IP   flag post
ThreeDImaging private msg quote post Address this user
I have done the free scan thing before, and it does not work well. I have given at least 3 free and not 1 has amassed to anything. If agents don't pay something then they do not feel pressed to get things going. Only after I bugged an agent 3-4 times over 2 months did they finally put the 3D tour up online.

My advice to you is to tell them you are giving them their first one half off (or you could tell them you are going to give them their first one at the price of still pictures).
this way the agent pays something thereby, feeling a need to do what they can with their 3D showcase.

I have done at least 5 at half off, this has worked much better.
Post 3 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
If you do not offer photography services yourself, you could partner with some area photographers. You can offer them a referral fee and they can now include 3d tours as one of their offerings without the expense of purchasing a camera.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'm liking the half off idea. Do you guys all use cold calling to get the agents to make offers like that?

JonJ, thanks. I will be contacting some photographers for sure.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@wallyhawk don't cold call. Show the tours in person. There's no way you can explain a 3D Showcase model over the phone.

Also... knock on the doors of the For Sale By Owners. They are trying to save money on commissions, and have already shown a willingness to pay up front for marketing services (after all, that's what most For Sale By Owner websites are... marketing sites).

If you don't take separate photos with another camera, then definitely offer snapshots from within the model as the agents will primarily be requiring photos of the listing and the 3D tour is a bonus to that. That said, you will DEFINITELY need to provide some outside images with interior photos. I suppose you can do a 360° shot with the Matterport from outside and take a snapshot with it, but you'd get much better quality using a different camera.

And Dan has mentioned it in this forum many times.... if you're going to sell agents on using you, you have to sell them on using your services to get new business, win more listings, etc. That way they think of you as an investment for them to make more money. If your sales pitch is to use the model to help market the home... well, that's just extra costs to them.

By the way... I'm a real estate agent myself, so I understand the psychology of agents. I own a Matterport camera, but I don't do any of the actual scanning myself. My wife does that for all my listings, and also for a few dozen other agents. I just assist her on the business side of things. In my opinion, a real estate agent's time is better spent working with buyers and sellers and sourcing out photos and 3D tours to other pros.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D

Thank you for the shout-out ...

"... help you win more and bigger listings more often."

Nothing else 'matters' to agents. Broker may also like "... and help you recruit tech-savvy agents."

For anyone that is trying to drum-up business based on dollhouse view, floor plan view, new tech, etc. - STOP!

Even if you are talking to an agent that already got the listing, it's still about "... help you win more and bigger listings more often. And, now you will have your own example to point to."

Reminder, agents often compare Matterport to still photography. As in, "... why would I want to pay x for that when I can get still photography for x?"

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Viewing private msg quote post Address this user
@wallyhawk You're not the first to struggle getting MP services moving and you won't be the last. Hold tight amigo 😀

I suggested this to somebody else not so long back but, depending on cash flow, have you considered asking for payment once the property is sold?

Not immediate money in the bank but it could get things moving. Agents have to be careful on outlays so it might help allay any concerns their end.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@wallyhawk I do want you to take into consideration that December is going to be the slowest month for Matterport business - especially with Realtors. I've been VERY busy since Summer, and this is the second week I've had where I have an empty schedule. Thus, I'm working hard on my web development services and my non-photography business.
Post 9 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@wallyhawk

Are you just giving them the links that Matterport gives you? I would suggest standing out from the other guy in you area by offering single property websites using WP3D models. Then buy a domain and forward it. Most agents don't know what to do with the links if it isn't a property website. I usually just give them that website and don't bother with the unbranded unless they ask.

Are you friends with anyone that is a realtor? If so, get them to introduce or recommend you to others. I would do a search in your area on zillow, or something similar, and see which realtors are paying to advertise. In my experience, those are the ones willing to spend money to get more business and to stand out.

What kind of houses are you going for? I would suggest going for average or slightly above average. That is where you money is going to come from. Sure, the huge homes are nice but they take too long to scan, edit, etc. You can get in and out of the smaller houses and there are a lot more of them for sale. Realtors see the more expensive houses and think it is too much or overkill for the one they just listed.
Post 10 IP   flag post
uniqueceo private msg quote post Address this user
What market are you in?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Chadcloses private msg quote post Address this user
As a Matterport Camera owner and a Realtor, I'll give you the best advice I can. Go to Open Houses, particularly those of larger homes in the higher price range, you'll have the realtor one on one, and their undivided attention. I may also have an advantage being a realtor because I can access any house without taking the realtors time to open the house and wait around while I'm shooting it. That's a great selling point, and I use it to my advantage.

Chad
Post 12 IP   flag post
Chadcloses private msg quote post Address this user
Another thing, almost all realtors use scripts when calling expired listings to try to get the homeowner to re-list their property with them. The key to using scripts properly is to study all possible objections the seller/client might have and be able to quickly address those objections. For instance I was speaking to a top producer last week, she mentioned that she found Matterport made her dizzy, to which I replied, well how you present someone's home isn't about you.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Thank you for all the suggestions. Keep them coming! Haha. Making a 'to-do' list and switching my tactics.

I understand winter is going to be slow for real estate but that may have agents looking for a new way to spread the word.
Post 14 IP   flag post
srennick private msg quote post Address this user
@wallyhawk the best advice that I can give you is to join your local Chamber of Commerce and network like crazy. Build relationships with the business owners and organizations in your community. Let everyone know you have arrived on the scene and you are ready to help market their listing or business with advanced technology and digital marketing services. You can also find a ton of different networking groups on meetup.com.
Always have your ipad with you, ready to show off examples. When you offer to do free or half price work, make sure that you impress upon the client that you would like them to share your work with others, especially on social media. I could go on and on with what we have been doing. So many different directions to go in with this product. Think outside the box and don't rely wholly on real estate.
Post 15 IP   flag post
101636 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?