Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Firmware Update: Worth Doing? More time?3347

Helen private msg quote post Address this user
I [read] there was a firmware update late November [2016]. To help with colour cast led lights etc. Is this the update that people were talking about that added so much time to scanning? Or has this been rectified? Is the update worth doing? Does it in fact add more time? Are results better? Here is the announcement from there.

Hello everyone,

We are very happy to announce that, today, all users can now download the latest Matterport firmware!

In addition to many small improvements, this firmware specifically:

Improves performance in LED-heavy conditions, preventing LED banding.
Improves color handling, greatly reducing yellow patches.
The firmware (v1.1.423.14201.xxx) is available now, for all customers, and is a recommend update for everyone.

Here are firmware installation instructions!

-The Matterport Team
Post 1 IP   flag post
alsangio private msg quote post Address this user
What was the date for the update?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@alsangio November 28
Post 3 IP   flag post
alsangio private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you @Helen
Post 4 IP   flag post
Dean private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all,

I just joined a couple of days ago and will be purchasing the Matterport camera. Does anyone know if a newly purchased camera will be updated with the latest Firmware? Or are we expected to do any and all updates ourselves? Thank you.

Dean
Post 5 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@Helen Scan times have certainly increased slightly, but I would say image quality does appear to have improved as well.

I would argue that it's a good trade off.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
There was that update that added additional time to the scan in October. A new update was made a few weeks later that fixed that problem, but it then caused the app/camera to crash. A new update was made after this and everything worked much better. I noticed there is yet another update that came out about a week ago. I'm hesitant to install as everything is working fine. Has anyone tried the latest one? Any issues?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I have been testing the firmware, experienced the worst version of it and currently have the most current version which is rock solid, fast and delivers on its promises.

I would not hesitate to update.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Helen

Matterport Newsletter today (2 December 2016) goes into detail about the color and speed of the new firmware.

That said, if @Metroplex360 says "I would not hesitate to update," that's good enough for me.

Thank you for asking the question.

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan

Post 9 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
I've just did today two 150 scans models after having updated the firmware. Very pleased that they removed the extra processing time in between scans. Can't tell much of a difference in the quality of the final outcome, but the capturing time has come back to normal.

As @metroplex360 said, update recommended.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I wish that Matterport would tell us some technical information on how they resolved the yellow patches.

For instance, I would like to believe that it's better white balancing. Perhaps it's as simple as them analyzing the data and saying -- hey, it's far too yellow -- let's white balance and reduce the temperature and then reduce the yellow a bit.

On the other hand, perhaps it's something as fantasic as truly better firmware for the camera itself that makes it more accurate.

I'm not a fan of dumbed down update logs I do, however, believe that the results in rooms that are yellow are WAY better.

I would LOVE if Matterport would post some examples -- before / after -- safe place, different firmware. Perhaps someone here on the forums with two cameras could do the same for us?
Post 11 IP   flag post
3dinsights private msg quote post Address this user
I originally didn't update my firmware after all the complaints regarding processing time. I updated today and can how confirm the processing time is actually a few seconds faster than the older firmware.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Gransky private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone experiencing camera connection issues since the update? I have scanned 4 properties since the firmware update and have lost the connection multiple times while in the room next door. I rarely had said issues prior to the update. I plan to reach out to Matterport on Monday. Just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issues.

I'm using the iPad Air 2 - wifi only.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
I've been having it recently, but I haven't upgraded to the latest yet. Seems to be interference from something (microwaves are bad)
Post 14 IP   flag post
101729 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?