Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BLK360Floor Plans

Floor Plans Without Doing a Matterport Scan?3225

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
A We Get Around Forum Member writes:

"One quick question that I think you may have the answer...what's the quickest way to create a 2D floorplan without scanning the property with matterport? Is there a 2D laser scanner and a software that may help?"

How should I reply?

I recall that there are many options for doing this ...

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
DannyBasting private msg quote post Address this user
Magic plan
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
There are several options, it also depends on accuracy need. The Lieca Disto with blue tooth and Android or Ipad app is good. If accuracy is not an issue Magic plan and there is a few others that work but accuracy is not there if you calculate actual square footage.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Faga private msg quote post Address this user
How about Leica BLK360?
Post 4 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Check out this video on the Leica Disto D1. Now if Matterport was this simple we'd be on to a winner

https://youtu.be/-8TGXMOD9yY
Post 5 IP   flag post
That unit has not been released yet, but it cost is 16000.
Post 6 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
@ron0987 This site shows it at £85 less VAT

https://www.sccssurvey.co.uk/leica-disto-d1-laser-distance-meter.html
Post 7 IP   flag post
Oh I just got an email for the new release Lieca Blk 360 is there newest low cost scanner. I am waiting to see all it festures it. It scans and takes photos. I don't have the link but will post it later, to show you what it does.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ron0987

My birthday is coming up. The Lieca Bilk 360 would make a great stocking stuffer for the photographer that has everything.

The good news is that you will save almost $30,000 since the Lieca is only $15,000 and the next price break on point-cloud scanners use to be $45,000 ish.

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
C/NET (10 November 2016) Occipital's new 3D room-scanning Canvas app for iPad targets home designers

"This could be what phone cameras will bring next -- scanning your home so interior designers and architects can quickly show you how it could be different."
Post 10 IP   flag post
iGUIDE
Founder/CEO
Kitchener, Canada
Alex_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user
The iGuide camera includes a 2D laser scanner that maps space as you walk - that is the fastest way to get a 2D point cloud that is then used to build floor plans. The camera also has a DSLR with a fisheye lens for capturing 360 HDR panos in 3 shots. The panos are used for building floor plans together with the 2D point cloud, in particular for things like doors, windows and half-walls that the 2D scanner may skip. In the end you get both floor plans and a 3D tour.
http://www.planitar.com/our-technology

On another note, I used to work in the 3D metrology field for quite a few years and can appreciate that Leica BLK360 is an exciting piece of equipment. It does look like an overkill for for a typical real estate sale usage case in terms of price, time onsite and amount of data collected. But I would not mind having one at home regardless.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Alex,
Are you taking Matterport trade in's, please, please, please. I also agree on the BLK360, but would be sure nice to have.

Ron
Post 12 IP   flag post
iGUIDE
Founder/CEO
Kitchener, Canada
Alex_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user
@ron0987 I wish we could. But there is nothing in MP camera we could re-use and we have to cover our costs.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Faga private msg quote post Address this user
Geoslam's ZEB1 is another alternative which I think is as pricey as Leica BLK360...
Post 14 IP   flag post
101421 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?