Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
I have received an email from Matterport with a survey containing several questions about the business.

I believe that this is a brilliant opportunity to tell them how we feel about their silly marketing strategy.

In the survey there are at least two fields where you can explain things.

This is what I wrote in one of them:

Please remove the Matterport icon in the bottom of my models! I have to remind you that I paid for the camera and I paid for the processing and hosting, so you have no right to use my models to make cheap advertising affecting at the same time the models's look with your logo+name in such a visible part.
Grow up and be smarter in your marketing campaigns and, above all, do not use me to promote your product to others, particularly when these others may be my own customers.

There is also another field at the end of the survey to add comments.

Please, join me in this campaign, and write something about the things that we feel Matterport is not doing well. This is a great opportunity to make our voice heard from the very same people that have the power to change and improve things.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
@jfantin

I did the same, almost the identical points that you covered. Everyone needs to take advantage of this opportunity to be heard!

That said, I could tell that the survey was slanted toward real estate office camera owners....

KAF
Post 2 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
I also received this survey as a Collaborator to many MSP's. I don't own a camera nor do I have my own Matterport account. This was the first time I ever received direct email from Matterport, as a direct result of my role as a Collaborator. I think this means they are interested in listening to a wider group of people this time.
Post 3 IP   flag post
pirusan private msg quote post Address this user
I did not respond to the survey yet because I received it multiple times on all the email accounts I created to collaborate on the creation of the FLY IN 3D videos.
The surveyed frustrates me because it is a "great way" to hear from all those who know about Matterport, do work related to Matterport but do not own a camera. What a convenient way to offer them a $900 discount at this moment!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

You can see the survey here.

Instead of filling out the survey, I'll keep posting in the We Get Around Forum.

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
CelisNet private msg quote post Address this user
I also complain about the footer, and tell them that my clients are unhappy with matterport logo on their models.

So frustrating that this terrible footer is still out there.

Also ask for an option to automatically hide the highlight reel with 360 pics on it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Jacques private msg quote post Address this user
I did the same and asked for a white label offer.

I also asked for an option in Workshop, regarding distance measuring, to make sure you're on a vertical (or horizontal) line and not in diagonal. I find it tricky to achive it sometimes...
Post 7 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
I can't adequately express how UNinterested I would be in a "white label offer." I'm paying a monthly fee, I'm paying for processing. I should be getting compensation from Matterport for advertising their company on MY models.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101641 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?