Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Lighting

MatterPlate Covers the MP Camera Lights3205

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

When I was scanning this museum at night in Atlanta recently, I noticed that the Camera lights - Power / Wi-Fi / Bluetooth - were reflecting on a glass case. I was concerned that the light might show-up on the glass case.

If you have scanned in a space with lots of glass and mirrors - or in dim lighting, perhaps you have had a scan with these lights - Power / Wi-Fi / Bluetooth - in the scan? (Please share screen grabs in this discussion).

So, I commissioned a Member of the Forum to create a plate - a MatterPlate - to temporarily cover these lights (using double-sided tape to keep the plate in place during shoots like these.

You can order the MatterPlate Plate Cover here ...
http://www.3dhubs.com/knowledge-base/classification-additive-manufacturing-processes

While this may be a solution for a minuscule problem for just a handful of us, this plate does demonstrate the use of 3D printing - [url=https://www.3dhubs.com/knowledge-base/classification-additive-manufacturing-processes[/url] (AM) to create a Matterport Camera accessory.

Have you (already) create a 3D Printed accessory for the Matterport Camera? What other 3D Printed part would you like to see We Get Around offer?

By the way, Standard Members of the We Get Around Referral Network receive a free month when buying one MatterPlate Cover Plate now through 31 January 2016.

Best,

Dan

P.S. Note for Matterport: on the next generation Camera, please include places that 3D printed parts could "snap" in place ...
Post 1 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
A cover for the lenses would be very welcome. It would need some sort of appropriate lining and an elastic band to secure it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@JohnBecker

Hmmmmmmmmmm......

I have been keeping my Camera in a case for 2.5 years without a problem and use either a Camera lens cloth.

How are your lenses getting dirty?

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
I've been keeping my camera in the foam from the original Matterport box, embedded in the pick 'n' pluck foam in a Pelican case. I also use a microfiber lens cloth. I'm just neurotic about having lenses without some kind of hard cover.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@JohnBecker

Ah!

I'm neurotic above having lenses without some kind of hard cover too I guess i just have learned to live with it between using the case and the lens cloth.

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
What other add ons should we create for the Matterport Camera?

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
101421 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?