Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CamerasCapture App

transfer taking a long time313

Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Is anyone having issues with an extra long transfer time between sweeps (the park after "ok to move camera"
A few days ago it started taking up I 60 seconds rather than less than 10.
Post 1 IP   flag post
CKC private msg quote post Address this user
It took me like 20 secs...still quite time consuming while on site!
Post 2 IP   flag post
@CKC, has it always taken that long, or has it just started happening since the last update?
Post 3 IP   flag post
JamieSher private msg quote post Address this user
I've had that before. If you exit the capture app and re-start on ithe iPad it it often is fine after that.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Tried all the usual fixes. Reboot ipad, reboot camera. It's happened on the last 4 scans, but only just started a few days ago. It also had a bad time aligning as well. Was very frustrating.

Let's see what tech says
Post 5 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
I noticed yesterday that things seemed to taking longer as well. Perhaps the new update is spending more time on alignment.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WeinigerHomes private msg quote post Address this user
does it happen even if the scans are only 4 ft apart, no doorways. no 30 ft ceiling?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Yeah it happens with basic scans. I did a small 800ft condo last night and it almost doubled the on site time. No alignment errors but a long time transferring. Very annoying
Post 8 IP   flag post
WeinigerHomes private msg quote post Address this user
I understand. When was the most recent capture app update, because as of 4/26 I was not noticing more than 20 secs to align for close proximity scans.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Tim private msg quote post Address this user
Do you still have the issue?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Only noticed it Monday this week. Last update was maybe 3 weeks ago. I did notice more alignment errors since the update, however this new issue has only just started. It's happened on the last 5 scans.
Will see how it goes today
Post 11 IP   flag post
Mate, you in a position to delete the app and reinstall it? Any important models saved?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Yeah Tim, that was the next option, not wanting to take it. Have a few but nothing I really couldn't live without. I do have a commercial one I need to finish the outside when the suns gone.
Post 13 IP   flag post
ccctucker private msg quote post Address this user
Just did a house today, not noticing any slow down, unless I am having an alignment problem
Post 14 IP   flag post
I did one a few days ago. All alignments worked but transfer took forever.
Did one the next day and it seemed much better
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
Yeah Tim, that was the next option, not wanting to take it. Have a few but nothing I really couldn't live without. I do have a commercial one I need to finish the outside when the suns gone.

Don't imagine this will be relevant if/when that happens...
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
I am having same problem with transfer time very frequently. Was gonna start new thread but found this. Is this still happening to you? I am in an apartment now and transfer times are averaging close to 2 minutes. Any suggestions? Aligning is good. Just transfer time. Using first gen iPad Air.
Has anyone used iPad Air and iPad Air 2 for comparison? Thanks.

Update. Just read iPad Air vs air 2 thread. That must be issue with everyone talking bout how fast air 2 is.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I had this problem a few months back (1st gen with ipad air)
Help desk couldnt find any issue and it went away after a few jobs. Very strange.
I do get this problem now when scanning outdoors and it is capturing a lot of information/shapes etc. Transferring takes around 30 to 90 seconds.
I also have started to get a "connecting to camera" error, but only outside. Ipad is not far enough away from the camera to be the cause however.

Are you scanning lots of area? Is it happening all the time?
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
I am only doing apartments, so not really large areas at all. I am also getting "connecting to camera" quite often - usually happens during one of the really long transfers. Yesterday, I was doing an apartment and transfers were averaging b/w a minute and minute/half. Then, all of a sudden, it was taking 20 seconds. Now, today, again with the long transfer times. I don't know. Just frustrating. I would say about 80% of the time I have long transfer time. Very rarely do I get the 20 second ones. I am gonna try to upgrade to Ipad air 2 and see if that helps. Are you still using Ipad Air 1? Thanks Jamie.
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@pixelray

I am guessing here... Scans way far apart? Not using bulble level for every scan? Wi-Fi interference?

We use iPad Air 2 and the transfer time (and processing) is way faster than iPad Air 1.

I Wonder if another possibility is that the camera needs to be recalibrate do by Matterport.

Please let us know how MP Support replies to you...

BTW, thank you for posting to the original thread topic.

Dan
Post 20 IP   flag post
Yes I'm still on ipad air 1.
Will be interesting if you had both air 1 and 2 and tried to duplicate the same error. I had issues before but put it down to the 1st gen camera. I tried the same area with a 2nd Gen and an air 2 and it worked. If I had time I would have used the air 1 on gen 2 and vice versa to try and isolate the issue
Post 21 IP   flag post
101629 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?