Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Dystopian

Agent e-mails from Matterport3083

Gibbsboro, NJ
Radie842 private msg quote post Address this user
Aren't the models our property? MP only host, we paid for the gear, the processing and the hosting. Who gave them a key to the company store?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Louisville, KY
JohnLoser private msg quote post Address this user
As I read it, the only thing we own are the pano photo images. And, we are not allowed to download them from the web server or the iPad app. So we own vapor.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLoser
As I read it, the only thing we own are the pano photo images. And, we are not allowed to download them from the web server or the iPad app. So we own vapor.

You own the panoramas -- they are yours. By downloading them (which you need a 3rd party for), you are violating their terms of service, but they are your property.

Matterport's TOS allows you to download YOUR OBJ file and YOUR snapshots.

I do believe that Matterport will eventually open up to allowing us to downloading our panoramas. I think it's a matter of time. It will either be due to competition, or if Matterport decide to stop producing cameras due to 3D Cameras being common place and selling a 'camera' no longer making sense. At that point, the Matterport camera will need to offer the same benefits as an open device (Tango Tablets) and it'll be opened too. My personal opinion.
Post 28 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
I use WP3D models to put the agents information in for the website and not the tour. I guess if you name the scan with the address, they could do I quick search online to find the agent, but I do not think they would take that much time.

I know when I first contacted them about buying a camera, the guy called me at least once a week. I would guess that the cameras are not being sold in big enough numbers and this might be the reason the $600 discount ran for so long. So I could see someone in the sales department thinking "how can I tap into a market and sell more cameras?". What better person to contact than the person already using the service but does not have the equipment?

I would not give them any more info than what is required.

I know other service providers in my area just give the agent a link to their model. I see it on facebook from time to time. I guess that is why people would give Matterport the "marketing package" because they have to attach the agents info somewhere.

Can you cut and paste a copy of the email? I would like to see how they are pitching this.
Post 29 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Dear ,
Thank you for registering for "Matterport for Real Estate".
Learn how Matterport's immersive media system is revolutionizing the way people buy and sell properties and how to prepare for the future of real estate marketing.
Please send your questions, comments and feedback to: webinars@matterport.com
How To Join The Webinar
Thu, Nov 10, 2016 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM PST
Add to Calendar: Outlook® Calendar | Google Calendar&#8482 | iCal®
1. Click the link to join the webinar at the specified time and date:
https://global.gotowebinar.com/join/7185279178902969860/185215908
Before joining, be sure to check system requirements to avoid any connection issues.
Note: This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to you.
2. Choose one of the following audio options:
TO USE YOUR COMPUTER'S AUDIO:
When the webinar begins, you will be connected to audio using your computer's microphone and speakers (VoIP). A headset is recommended.
--OR--
TO USE YOUR TELEPHONE:
If you prefer to use your phone, you must select "Use Telephone" after joining the webinar and call in using the numbers below.
United States (Toll-free): 1 866 952 8437
United States: +1 (914) 614-3429
Access Code: 139-054-098
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the webinar
Webinar ID: 261-167-251
To Cancel this Registration
Post 30 IP   flag post

justinv private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe we should all sign up and let them know what we think? Too bad they will have it in listen only mode! I am still curious what promotional pitch they will try to push?
Post 31 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
It seems that someone, in some way, registered for something, so it doesn´t look like an improper move from Matterport.

It is not a direct attempt to sell a camera and you could also take it as a "create awareness" initiative that could result in demand for MSPs.

Of course in the back there is shis subtle way of trying to persuade to purchase a camera, but it doesn´t look like a spam to me or an innapropriate way of aproaching a real estate agent.

But, if you tell us that this agent never registered for Matterport Real Estate webinars, then I agree with you in that this is way out of line.
Post 32 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Yes it was never asked for as this is the one that came from my wife's e-mail and she has never asked or contacted MP.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
If you send an email to MP then expect an email back some time with them trying to sell you a camera.
I inquired from an email once and received a sales email sometime after
Post 34 IP   flag post
DSPhoto private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex360
Quote:

You own the panoramas -- they are yours. By downloading them (which you need a 3rd party for), you are violating their terms of service, but they are your property.

Matterport's TOS allows you to download YOUR OBJ file and YOUR snapshots.

I do believe that Matterport will eventually open up to allowing us to downloading our panoramas. I think it's a matter of time. It will either be due to competition, or if Matterport decide to stop producing cameras due to 3D Cameras being common place and selling a 'camera' no longer making sense. At that point, the Matterport camera will need to offer the same benefits as an open device (Tango Tablets) and it'll be opened too. My personal opinion.

The biggest thing I worry about is licensing a model long term for a client. By not being able to host the actual model I have to maintain a monthly subscription even if I ditch MP.

A real estate agency hired me to scan their office as a recruiting tool. I'm charging a scanning "production" fee and licensing on top of that. I limited it to 1 year at a time but should I leave MP for what ever reason I'm bound by contract to maintain their model for the duration of the license. Guess I need to make sure I have enough models licensed to cover the cost.

This is my biggest problem with MP's structure.
Post 35 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
So how true is this statement from the VR announcement?
"Matterport has by far the largest collection of digital 3D versions of real-world places, and this library of 3D Spaces has been experienced by consumers over 75 million times."

I don't think "they" have. I think their servers contains the largest collection of digital 3D but I think we own the models...

Am I wrong on this point?
Post 36 IP   flag post
Louisville, KY
JohnLoser private msg quote post Address this user
This is like a museum saying they have thousands of articles on display. They don't own them all but they have them in their museum. I think MP is following that same practice. "We have lots of stuff and we're proud of it even if it belongs to somebody else."
Post 37 IP   flag post
grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user
You own the copyright in all imagery and model. You grant Matterport a non exclusive sublicense. Matterport will own all digital copies.
Post 38 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
@grmngrl Yes but they cannot use your content without permission. By making that statement they are using it in a way. They have asked some for use of their models. And they have recently asked for extended permission to use the models for more. I'm sorry but I would say they should be subject to licensing fees just as our clients.
Post 39 IP   flag post
grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user
@frstbubble I guess that is because you own the copy right, however Matterport owns the digital copy.

I just cited this out of the MP terms of service.§7.1.1
Post 40 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
@grmngrl Thank you for showing that. I looked and mostly they point to 7.3
Post 41 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
This is like a museum saying they have thousands of articles on display. They don't own them all but they have them in their museum. I think MP is following that same practice. "We have lots of stuff and we're proud of it even if it belongs to somebody else."

My lawyer actually used this analogy too. It's like you are going to an art class, creating your own artwork, but your TOS requires that your art is then displayed on their wall and becomes part of the gallery.
Post 42 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
[This was posted as a new thread. I deleted the thread and moved it to this discussion - Dan]

Quote:
Originally Posted by @srennick

Saw this on the Facebook group page...just passing it along. Names are omitted.
This was in response to a disappointed MSP who has sent several dummy emails to Matterport requesting to connect with a local provider. He had either no response to his email or received an apology for not getting a response.

....and I work at Matterport. Yes, you are correct, there was a glitch in our system and a small percentage of leads from the past had not been followed up. In addition to that text, there was also something that read, "We'd be happy to still connect you! Please click the button below and we'll match you as soon as possible," and all leads who are responding are being matched to MSPs. I recently inherited the MSP program, and am working on streamlining a number of things. I made the decision this week to contact these prior leads to see if they were still interested in scan services, so that we could distribute them to MSPs who are interested in getting leads. We also learned, recently, that some of our MSP response emails were going to SPAM, which could be what explains your situation, so we changed the way that our emails get sent. I trust that you will appreciate the new changes I am making. Thank you for your input.
Post 43 IP   flag post
101436 43 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?