Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 823 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,558 Page Views | 18,831 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCamerasHelp WantedHostingScanning

Price over 100 scans3053

conVRts_JB private msg quote post Address this user
Hi there everyone, if possible I would welcome your help on a question I have about Matterport:

As the price of hosting goes up after 100 scans, does this include scans that have been deleted? For example if I performed 150 scans but deleted enough to make sure my number of active scans never went above 100, would I still get charged more?

Apologies if my terminology is not quite correct, and thanks in advance for any help!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Louisville, KY
JohnLoser private msg quote post Address this user
@conVRts_JB
My understanding is that the pricing is for the number of active models in your folders. If you delete "unneeded" models (such as for houses that have sold) from your folders, they do not count against your model "inventory" in the folders.

The down side is that if you delete a model and then need to put it back, you will pay a "$19.00 processing fee" for that model again.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@JohnLoser Thank you for that.
Post 3 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
@conVRts_JB, if you scan a property and stays under 100 scans, (99 or less) then it counts as one model, 100 and more wil count as 2 models, and if you do a scan of 150 and delete that you only upload 99 scans then its still one model.

For higher volume processing or hosting, please contact us
Scan: a single position of the camera with a 360 degree rotation
Model: each series of up to 100 contiguous Scans/360˚ Views will be processed into a Model
Models with over 100 Scans/360˚ Views will count as two Models for pricing purposes
Maximum 200 Scans//360˚ Views per Model
Test Models (only 1 or 2 Scans) are processed for free
Use of Matterport Cloud services is subject to the Portal Subscription Agreement
Post 4 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,
As I read through the comments, there seems to be a bit of confusion of what is being asked and what is being answered. From the original post, I think the question can be interpreted in one of 2 ways.

1) As pertaining to the number of scan points/360 views in a single model (from Matterports website):

Model: each series of up to 100 contiguous Scans/360˚ Views will be processed into a Model
Models with over 100 Scans/360˚ Views will count as two Models for pricing purposes
Maximum 200 Scans//360˚ Views per Model
Test Models (only 1 or 2 Scans) are processed for free

To expand on the above, if you create a model, and it initaly has 150 scan points but you then delete 50 unnecessary scans, bringing the total to be uploaded to 100, then you will only be charged the processing fee of a small model ($19). Models with 101 or more are charged ($38)

2) As pertains to model hosting on your my.matterport account:
The maximum number of hosted models on a Basic Account is 100 models. This is number is calculated based on the number of actual number of models, including copies. This number is not related to the number of models processed in senario 1, above. For example if you have a model that has 150 scan points, you would be charged $38 (the cost to process 2 models), but this 1 model would only count as a single hosted model on your my.matterport account.
From my understanding, once you exceed 100 models, you will need to upgrade your account or delete existing models to stay below 100 hosted models.
There is no designation of 'active' and 'inactive' models.

Hope this helps!
Jon
Post 5 IP   flag post
@JC3DCX @JonJ Thanks for your help chaps. I did indeed mean the amount of models, not scans per model. The above comments have answered my query. Apologies on my terminology, and thanks again!
Post 6 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
My account is under review for asking about a used camera...
But they have charged my $455.00 in all for 3 models that went over the 110 scans and I was told the same thing but they have charged me non the less and will not even get back to me on this so it looks like they have just stolen my money, so tell the rest not to count on that theory of over 100 scans will be two tours... NOT BY THEIR STANDARDS.. and you can cut and paste this if you like...
Post 7 IP   flag post
TourMySpace private msg quote post Address this user
@DouglasMeyers Did you ever get your money back?
Post 8 IP   flag post
I got some of it back but because of a camera discount and not because of the miss understanding that we pay for EVERY tour uploaded (except any that are free at the beginning of the month)

So in my book they are still not very good about what it takes to start this business with them and what it takes to maintain it.
But I'm here until the next company out does them and trust me they are out there working on making their company and software better and easier to use.
Post 9 IP   flag post
If it makes you feel any better they are now very clear in their initial emails on the costs of prosessing.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I guess a little to late for me but good for the next tour providers...
Post 11 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasMeyers
My account is under review for asking about a used camera...
But they have charged my $455.00 in all for 3 models that went over the 110 scans and I was told the same thing but they have charged me non the less and will not even get back to me on this so it looks like they have just stolen my money, so tell the rest not to count on that theory of over 100 scans will be two tours... NOT BY THEIR STANDARDS.. and you can cut and paste this if you like...

... $455? Account under review for asking about a used camera?

How did you get charged $455 for 3 models that went over 100? That should be $19*3 = $57.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I think because he did over 3 scans that month he would have jumped up to $100/mth plan and then $19 per processing scans over the 3. Do you also have to pay an extra 19 for every 100 scan positions?

Bill
Post 13 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@RealEstateVR You do not automatically jump up to the next plan you just pay the $19 for every model past whatever package you have. But if you went over a 100 scans it would count as 2 over.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Thats good to know.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@RealEstateVR AS your in Canada as well might as well say $27 with the exchange rate unfortunately!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Yeah thats no fun.
Post 17 IP   flag post
101602 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?