Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AutosCapture AppCarDealership

Regarding about car interior2958

bckz2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi matterport users,

May i know how do i capture a car interior where the tripod stand is so high and cant get into a car. Thanks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Lower the tripod
Post 2 IP   flag post
ENVISION private msg quote post Address this user
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=m2hz4HmyQaF&brand=0

I used a smaller tripod
Post 3 IP   flag post
bckz2020 private msg quote post Address this user
I've already make to the lowest and it still cant fit into the car
Post 4 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
Get a bigger car?
Post 5 IP   flag post
what kind of car?
Post 6 IP   flag post
I've scanned 1 foot from the ground to the center of the camera. It worked ok.
Do you have a low tripod?
Ar eyou trying to get inside the car?
I've done that with a other VT product and it worked ok. Just be warmed the stitching might be a bit off since it's such a closed area
Post 7 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
@envision how can you get inside if the doors are mapped closed? What's the trick? Beautiful cars!!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
once i got closer to the car i dropped the tripod and opened the doors on the car. The scan on the inside of the car over the middle console is with a very small tripod. I did the same to the other side. Yeah, the dealership loves them, helps the super cars stand out.
Post 9 IP   flag post
You scan with the doors open first and finish those. Then open the door and start Scanning from a distance. Use workshop and disable the ones you don't need. It looks like you are opening the door when you get there.
If you do this for a house make sure you start with the door open and then close it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

This is a Ferrari I did a longtime ago. Managed to get the door and engine hood to open and close. Used a smaller tripod on the interior. You will see the Ferrari badge on the steering wheel looks double. There is no way around that, rule off thumb is to keep the camera at least 18 inches/1.5 feet (1/2 meter) - away from anything.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I'm going to give it another whirl soon. Shot a DB9 and just left the doors open. Thanks @envision, @jamie & @gerhard for the great advice +/or beautiful car spaces!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I would considering using a Ricoh Theta with a little tripod on the center console. I personally would not use Matterport for a car interior.

Manfrotto Pixi

@ENVISION Very good job on this by the way. The fact that you were using Matterport on a convertible is VERY interesting as it lends itself to walking around. You may want to trim that dollhouse view a bit though -- it would be a quick fix to make this tour REALLY pop!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Thanks @Metroplex360 I will try it. Really enjoy seeing all your amazing and interesting ideas and add-ons.
Post 14 IP   flag post
101634 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?