Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Offline model crashing when viewing on iPad2922

Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
I updated my camera firmware last night, created a new model and tried to make it available offline using the MP 3D iPad app. While it seems to download fine, after navigating around a bit the screen goes white all the sudden.

It only happens with the model captured with the new firmware, all others are just viewing fine. Coincidence or does it happen to you too? Using an iPad Pro 9.7 128GB.

p.s. Here is the model. https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=xnXDLXtEBM4
Post 1 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
The model works fine on line.

By the way, how long did it take you to shoot this model? Considering that with the new firmware it takes longer to shot, and the extension of the coverage, it looks like a big project.

You might have worked very late at night because there is nowhere at sight!

Very good job!
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Again, great work! I would like to see this model in VR and have a walk in Southern France

I have the same iPad model and I had the same problems with models exceeding the officially supported 200 scan limit.

Actually, since the firmware upgrade I am avoiding models exceeding 200 scanpoints. These huge scans have problems with different MP solutions such as the 3D iPad app and also with the MP Core VR app.
Post 3 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
I am also experiencing similar behavior on my iPad Air2 64Gb, when trying to open a large offline space (150+ scans) then it shows the play button and blue circle and then just a white screen...

Does not matter if model was created with pre-updated software of new software.

Only happens with large spaces. Others a displaying without problems
Post 4 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Thanks all for your replies. I think I'll notify this issue to the MP support so they are aware of it.

I just tested the iPad app with a model of 400 scans and it goes blank right away. So I guess the issue is indeed related to the size of the tour.

@jfantin As per this specific model, here are some details:

- The new firmware update has slowed down a bit the capturing process, probably 20-40% due to image processing after every camera rotation
- I captured also the dark spaces of the square to provide a better mesh
- This was a 140 scan project. I had a 10% failed scans due to no overlap
- It took me 5h total over two nights to complete the project, as shop owners started showing up very early in the morning and drove vehicles in the square.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Just this morning I have experienced the same issue - seems to load, then just white screen - on a 11,000 sq ft home I scanned over a month ago. Yes, slightly over 200 scans, and the model has PREVIOUSLY always displayed fine on the iPad app, but now will not. No changes to my camera firmware (camera purchased only about 2 months ago) or any other software I'm using, so I must assume this is some change at Matterport? Odd, because the exact same model USED TO work on the same iPad in the showcase app. Hope someone figures out this problem! Share any insights please.
Post 6 IP   flag post
FurnitureScanner private msg quote post Address this user
Same issue here. This happened with the latest Matterport Showcase update. Happens on both iPad and iPhones. Larger models are the only thing affected. I called Matterport Support ~2 weeks ago to report the bug. They've been working on the issue with the developer since, still no updates. If I could, I would rollback to the previous app update if they allowed it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Wyzlo private msg quote post Address this user
Nice beautiful scan !!!

Love it !
Post 8 IP   flag post
Still not working for us.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
I don't think they have released an update to the offline app yet. Let's hope for the best...
Post 10 IP   flag post
valen_felipe private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini did MP support tell you something? I´m having same trouble with a large model (199 scans). Is not working on my iPad Pro 128gb either on my iPhone 7 128gb , both with last iOS firmware update.

@Wyzlo I just Finished the Colonial house in Cartagena. 4300 m2 but client only decied to scan a part of the house. Here is the model: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=oU1nLwNVNvm
Post 11 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@valen_felipe I reported the issue to MP and no news yet about the MP app going blank with large models.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, I also had the same problems. Also when you click the dollhouse and floor plan view it either does not load or takes 2 min when offline. Its embarrassing when you are sitting with an cEO of an international company and this happens, not to mention flying 10 hours to go and meet with him. Not Cool. I also use the iPad Pro 128gb 12,9 in just to add that wow factor. And I have to do a 15000sqft / $25M property for a client so 3 days will turn into 6 with the slow capturing. So not th hoped for 24 hour turnaround time.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Olivius private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

Got the same here and demoing was a disaster last week, I have now to bring my windows surface as it's doing this blank page on all of my large scans... Thought it was my ipad but look like ist not only me...

On top of that during the same demo I had the same Cubic missaligment on chrome and completly ruined my demo... And i lost for sure a potential client. as some others apparently clickable text...

Did someone else open a support ticket ? Really need to put pressure and all opening a ticket to make them solve this issue asap...
Post 14 IP   flag post
My original ticket as submitted on 9/28/16. The updates I have received from Matterport are like pulling teeth from a crocodile, I've had to ask them directly via email every other week since they haven't been forthright with what they've been doing.

The last email I received from support was from 11/2 where they said:

"It's being actively worked upon and looks promising.

Unfortunately don't have an eta but it is being actively worked on. Hopefully it won't be long. "

So, a month later and still nothing.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Herd is an update about the app issue from the MP Community manager: https://community.matterport.com/questions/3448/mp-app-unable-to-support-large-offline-models.html?sort=votes
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Tosolini, update your Showcase app. They just released an update yesterday that fixed the issue for us.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@furniturescanner Thanks for the note. It seems that MP fixed the issue of the white screen, at least my models (small and large) seem to work now.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@Tosolini I noted to them that I still get an infrequent white screen every now and then. I can't trace the source. I'll just be navigating through a model then the screen will go white. I'll exit out of the model to the menu and go back in and it works fine. This issue existed before the offline model breakage. I'm just happy to able to view the offline models again.
Post 19 IP   flag post
101646 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?