Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
.objAdviceOutdoorsScanningVirtual Reality

Exporting Equirectangular Matterport2900

George_WALKINTOUR private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Folks,

Does anyone here know the status of exporting equirectangular matterport 360 panos? I know Matterport recently introduced the 360 pano feature, but there is not way to link each pano together at this time. Does anyone know if that will be a feature that will be available later?

A few of our managers here beta-tested this at Matterport, so we're surprised that feature isn't available.

Thanks.

George
Post 1 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Exporting your panos is against their terms of service. Kinda sucks, right?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah not going to happen I don't think. If you need to do that, just use a pano camera or 350 of some sort and make a tour manually. The image quality woukd be far better and a cheaper option
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@aznparkranger A few 3rd party developers including myself have published extraction tools and have had to close shop as it violates the TOS. Kind of a shame. The advantage to getting panos from the Matterport is chiefly if you are primarily selling a Matterport Tour and would like to offer a secondary service such as a Google Street View Tour.

The other use would be extracting the panos to edit and resubmit them to remove mirrors, fix bugs, or adjust color. Problem is how the changes would affect how the 3D Mesh and 2D images would look combined... can't edit both the 3D and 2D. Filters would be better.
Post 4 IP   flag post
George_WALKINTOUR private msg quote post Address this user
Well that's a major bummer. We have a guy who manually stitches them for us to create the same effect manually, but it would have been nice to just get the pianos already stitched to link them. :/
Post 5 IP   flag post
grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user
@Jamie I think someone needs to talk to a copy right and intellectual property rights lawyer about who owns the image. Matterport can tell us a lot about terms of service, that does not mean that this is legal what they are doing. They are holding out images hostage!

I don't think it just Kinda sucks, I think it sucks big time! :-)
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@grmngrl I already did and paid for a consultation with a fantastic, high profile law firm out of Chicago. The terms of service is a legally binding agreement that we enter into voluntarily. The only recourse is to not use Matterport.

Matterport are very intentional on identifying that we drop own the copyright to our work but we agree that we aren't going to download the work visa reverse engineering etc.

It does somewhat suck and there are many layers to this. Not everyone at matterport may agree on this, but as a company the terms of service has been set for reasons most important to their interests. I hope that over time things may change
Post 7 IP   flag post
grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 I can not understand how this can be legal.

The 360 sphericals don't need to be hosted. And at the point in time when they where made available I do not have a choice but accepting the t&c.

Could Nikon, Cannon etc just update their conditions and not give us the raw files either?

I really think it was a bad choice from my side to buy the camera. I would not be so upset if Matterport would provide me with the service I need.

I am also upset because this business behavior will make Matterprt obsolete sooner than it has to. We live in a time of exponential change in technology. If they can not provide the service we need people will jump ship or not purchase the system. Matterport will cease to exist and people that can't afford to purchase a different system are out of luck.

This should concern everybody who invested in this system! Only together we can make Matterport aware. How can such a modern technology company be so backwards? In my opinion it is the state of their own business. They have great examples in Android and Apple how to make a businees work with developers and grow.

Who actually believes that both of the OS's would be where they are today without developed apps by a 3rd party?
Post 8 IP   flag post
101429 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?