Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Industry

Related Companies, Products and Services29

GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Ron
It would appear that they have written the web based application scratch. It's a very cheap and cheerful way of presenting a property but in many cases iGuide will meet a potential customers needs. There is no question that it's a fast solution where you can be in and out of a property very fast as there is no concern on filing any black holes. It's just a case of taking sweeps of each room which should take no time at all.

Most likely they're using the same Kinect camera assembly which Matterport uses, except most likely just on unit. I would like to know what the asking price is for their setup and how much time is needed to produce the final product.

In regards to pano captures I use the 360Precision Panoramic Tripod Head which I've found to be the best for pano's as it doesn't block the focus ring like the Ninja does and is a breeze to setup. I shoot with a Canon using a Sigma 8mm lens. For stitching and tying the the pano's together I use the Google Pano editor which is a little cumbersome and time consuming to use and can only be used for Google shoots. I hope this is helpful.
Post 26 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Gary
I asked for a price for the unit, they would not give me the overall price but inferred it would be similar to Matterport. Also stated they were not ready to mass produce the unit just yet, I asked to be updated when they are. I will let you know. They did say the final produce was faster then Matterport.

Ron
Post 27 IP   flag post
ccctucker private msg quote post Address this user
I guess I could take one scan for each room and get out in under an hour if that's all I was offering. $200? Maybe for them to host it.....
Post 28 IP   flag post
Check out Surefield as they have a cross between iGuide and Matterport and it works quite well. With all of these competitors coming online Matterport will have to step up their game.
Post 29 IP   flag post
fabien private msg quote post Address this user
I've questions regarding all those competitors. How they obtain the floorplan ? I can't imagine that image processing could deliver a 2D floor plan only by using the 3D information from the camera. If you need to manage the floorplan with your customers or create it by yourself then how long that it takes ?
Post 30 IP   flag post

I'm not sure how they do it. I guess we'll have to give them a call to inquire how it's done and what there solutions cost. Ron contacted iGuide but they only stated to it would be priced similar to Matterport when it goes on the market.

I think it's important that well all keep up to date with all of these solutions as it may come to a point where we offer several different solutions to our clients.

Perhaps some level of offerings like this;

Gold: would be a Matterport solution
Silver: would be a iGuide or Surefield solution
Bronze: would be just a load of pano's delivered to the client

This is just a thought
Post 31 IP   flag post
Fabien
Competitors list several options and I found none to work good or easy and a waste of time, the resources they suggest are Room Scan Pro and Magic Plan. I see these on several links for competitors. These are I-phone or I-Pad apps, initial reviews were good for them but I have tried them and found neither to work good and no customer support to work thru issues. What I have found to work good is take an overhead computer screen shot of the Matterport 2d and plug that into a basic CAD program and trace the wall outline. Fast accurate.

Ron
Post 32 IP   flag post
Thanks for the input Ron that's very helpful.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
I've been really interested in this thread as we watch what others are offering/doing in this arena. I think the key point (touched on several times) is the amount of time it takes to produce any sort of deliverable solution to a client. Everything I've tried (over the years) resulted in lots of time in front of the screen for me...killing all chances for any significant amount of profit.

It does seem like these other pano solutions are starting to mature and worth keeping an eye on....but I've not yet seen anything else that works well on mobile or in a responsive site....and that alone is a dealbreaker for me.

Just my 2 cents.
Post 34 IP   flag post
I agree, I am always looking for the quick option and less time in front of the computer to add a 2D diagram. I am hoping Matterport will allow an option to export an overhead 2D lay out with minimal work and ability to add text and labels. I think Gary had a great idea to come up with multi-tiered approach, but that being said I would like to find an easy way to produce it. I think with a slight push Matterport will provide an easy quick input to solve this. Or provide an export that allows an easy transition into the 2D diagram. There is another up and coming tool that does a little bit of this which I think if they expand the software capabilities this tool will complement Matterport it is Occipital Structure IO, same sensor that Matterport uses but will do a single room with total measurements and 2D output. The sensor fits on an Ipad, great tool to bad they could not merge the two technologies. This sensor is $400 dollars but has the best reviews.

Ron
Post 35 IP   flag post
ccctucker private msg quote post Address this user
Surefield is a guy that used to work for Redfin and got them to start using matterport. He then left once the matterport came online to start his own business- Sure field.
Post 36 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
TechCrunch (28 October 2014) - Venture Investors Splurge On Real Estate Tech
Post 37 IP   flag post
TrueSpaces private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone,

Here's something else I just read. House Lens [which focuses primarily on Video for real estate] will soon be offering 3D tours with Matterport.

Threat or opportunity?
Post 38 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Upstart Business Journal (27 October 2014) – How Silicon Valley startups are altering the cinematic experience via
Post 39 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Forbes (9 November 2014) - Mobile Is Eating The World
Post 40 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
The Next Web (TNW) - (12 November 230140 Mozilla launches Web-based virtual reality playground
Post 41 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Gizmodo (12 November 2014) Samsung Project Beyond: A 360° Camera For Streaming Virtual Reality

The Verge
(22 November 2014) Samsung announces Project Beyond, a 360-degree 3D camera that creates virtual reality worlds
Post 42 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
VentureBeat (12 November 2014) Strap a phablet to your face: Oculus VR releases mobile dev kit
Post 43 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
VentureBeat (12 November 2014) Oculus Rift VR headset starred in tonight’s ‘South Park’ and leads to Butters getting stabbed
Post 44 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Road To VR (10 November 2014) Why Rothenberg Ventures in Gung Ho About Investing in Virtual Reality
Post 45 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Google taps Hollywood A list for 360º interactive short
Post 46 IP   flag post
Very cool
Post 47 IP   flag post
Samsung's Think Tank Team's first POC 3D camera "Project Beyond"
http://thinktankteam.info/beyond/
Post 48 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
CNN (31 October 2014) How virtual reality is changing travel
Post 49 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Gigaom (13 November 2014) Sharp's 4K smartphone screens are going to be great for virtual reality
Post 50 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Artec (26 October 2014) Shapify 3D full-body scanning booth creates custom figurines in minutes
Post 51 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Financial Times (FT.com) Tech Blog (12 November 2014) Samsung Goes Deeper into VR with "Project Beyond' Camera
Post 52 IP   flag post
Bryn private msg quote post Address this user
The scan booth is cool. This scanner is supposed to be pretty good too and cheap! http://fuel-3d.com/
Post 53 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Engadget (17 November 2014) Panasonic wants to bombard you with 'Minority Report' style in-store ads
Post 54 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
The New York Times (16 November 2014) Virtual Reality Fails Its Way to Success
Post 55 IP   flag post
101723 261 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?