Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceTips

Advice and/or Tips needed with huge scan2886

JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, Im busy planning to do a scan of a Mall and would appreciate any advice or tips, please.

Any links to models of Malls?

Thanks,
Post 1 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @JC3DCX, I haven't made a Mall so I have not a direct experience with this kind of project, but considering the max limit of 200 scans I think that you will have to do it in segments and present the client with a set of n models, one for each sector.

Once I had to cover 20.000sqf of office space and what I did was to split the office in two segments and created a "window" in an imaginary line in the middle of a hallway so you could see the other half but you couldnĀ“t walk into it (it was in a different model).

You could even play with Mattertags inserting links to the other sector? I am not sure about that but it is worth a try.

I would love to see the final result if you can share it with us. I have been pushing very hard in my market to make Matterport Models in Shopping Centers and Malls, but I wasn't successful. Perhaps a success case could help
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks, @jfantin, will keep in mind and also thinking along the lines of doing it in segments and link up with matter tags, will also help with loading time of model (i presume)

Will definitely share if I do the project
Post 3 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
Planning is key, ask questions about everything.

I recently did a monstor scan of a hotel spa which I had to do after closing and before opening. The spa was very helpful, but the things that held me back the most was security turning off lights, cleaners walking into scans, not knowing where to get lights turned on, door being locked.

What type of Ipad are you using/ Since I got my new ipad pro the scans align better and much faster, and more importantly I seem to be able to move the camera further from the previos scan, this obviosly reduces the number of scans.

Don't panic if you go over 200 scans, I ended up with 326 and managed to reduce it to 274 in the end but the final product turned out well and loads pretty quickly

If the mall can assign you one person who you can get on the mobile throughout the scan time that would be perfect,to assist with lights etc.

plan to do the middle of the mall at night and near the doors and windows early morning for natural light

Depending on the size of the mall you may well need to use links in mattertags

http://galgorm.3dshowcase.co.uk/
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks @3dshowcaseuk, this will help a lot with the planning, having a look at your space now,
Post 5 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Hello JC3DCX,

we did a large congress center with more than 150.000sqf recently, combinig 16 individual models, which we have linked together with mattertags. The final tour has 40 models in total (including copies of models with different starting points).

We managed to process models up to 377 scanpoints, BUT I would strongly recommend to stay within the limit of 200 points. The model with 377 scanpoints does not work properly in Core VR as it shows scanpoints, which we have deactivated in workshop.

When combining models with mattertag links make sure that you use the my.matterport links instead external pop-up links (external links like goo.gl). The pop-ups do not work properly when opening the fifth model. Pop-ups cause problems in the browser.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101429 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?