Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,022 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 44 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
bugCamerasCapture AppScanningScans

New Processing Images Delay2853

RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
This morning I did the requested software update to my camera. It stated that it would improve yellow casts and will now allow the camera to better adapt to various lightbulbs.

I immediately noticed a SIGNIFICANT increase in scanning time. Before the update I clocked each scan as follows:

Scanning: 35 Seconds
Ok To Move Camera: 10 Seconds
Transferring: 5 Seconds
Total: 50 Seconds

With the update the scanning time is as follows:

Scanning: 50 seconds
Processing Images: 15 Seconds
Ok to move Camera: 10 seconds
Transferring: 5 Seconds
Total: 1:20

That represents a 30 second delay per scan! Ouch! Over the course of a 100 scan home that would be an additional 50 minutes of standing around!

I should note that I scanned a little condo that has a mix of both LED and Fleurescent Bulbs. When the camera was only exposed to one type of bulb, it seemed to go faster.

Has anyone else noticed a change?

For someone who tries to cram 3 houses a day into my schedule, this will have a negative impact on my business.

Im eager to see if the results are worth it!
Post 1 IP   flag post
I have a 20,000 Sq Ft Art Exhibit to do next week with all sorts of different lighting. Yikes!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I cannot wait to hear what the results were like. The added time is certainly a pain... But if it's worth it...
Post 3 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
Updated my camera just now, will do a scan and see what happens,
Post 4 IP   flag post
DO NOT UPDATE YOUR CAMERA!!!!!

The scanning time has almost doubled with this new update and is painfully slow.

I REPEAT: DO NOT UPDATE YOUR CAMERA SOFTWARE until this problem is resolved.

I'm about to go insane with this new update. Anyone know if there's a way to factory reset their camera?

This is totally unacceptable!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Here's a video showing how painfully slow it is. Sorry for the wrong orientation.

Post 6 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
THRHHI private msg quote post Address this user
Will be interested to see if it truly resolves the yellow rings. If it does may be worth it considering time spent changing light bulbs in and out, rescanning problem areas, reprocessing times etc.
Post 7 IP   flag post
UPDATE

For unexplained reasons, the scanning has gone back to normal after about 50 scans in this house I'm in . No more extra time spent "Processing Images"

Same lighting conditions, same everything. Very strange!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Maybe its "learning" and adapting on the camera side, or adjusting the sensors with each scan?

Have tested mine now under fluorescent and led light, with a led floodlight frown in for the mix and will see how the result looks
Post 9 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
THRHHI private msg quote post Address this user
JC3DCX, be sure to post the results. Actually the 5K LED bulbs solve the problems with my scans. It is just a pain to change them out. I would be testing mine right now except that we are packing up to evacuate from the hurricane.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Did a test scan...

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=wJoVrMG3bRv

Oy vay, hope all of you out there near the hurricane will be safe, strongs.
Post 11 IP   flag post
DSPhoto private msg quote post Address this user
What is the current firmware?

Mine is 1.1.414.11204.b100be5-p

The camera is a week old today. Capture doesn't tell me I need an update yet I get those yellow rings.

This was my first scan
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=EcQEv9rKZW5&brand=0
Post 12 IP   flag post
Update:

Seems that the every scan time now depends on light conditions, have done a model today and saw on some scans it was quick (as before update) and on some it said "processing..." between the sweeps of the camera. Also noticed much less "camera / tripod unstable" errors and seemed easier to align between outdoor scans,
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
From MP forum
Firmware for LED banding and yellow areas

This is copied from the link above. It does say that time for a scan will be affected by this firmware update.

Hello all,

We're sending the next version of camera firmware (v. 1.1.423.xx) to a small number of users. We're very excited about this release -- it should address both banding seen from LED lighting, and the yellow tints seen in some models.

When the camera detects significant LED-induced flicker, it will take additional exposures, and capture time will be a bit slower in those conditions. However, it does mean that the resulting model will look normal. If you feel the camera is showing this behavior even in non-LED-lit areas, please let us know at beta@matterport.com.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Thanks,
Post 15 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
Is it 'safe' to do the latest firmware upgrade ? I just received the firmware upgrade option and was wondering I should do it - Thanks for the feedback.
Post 16 IP   flag post
101268 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?