Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CoreVRPricingVirtual Reality

How to charge clients for Matterport CoreVR?2850

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Helen wrote in this discussion ...

Matterport Virtual Reality CoreVR: Home Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Helen
I am curious as to what Matterport service partners will be charging to enable vr once Matterport starts charging the $19?
Any thoughts on how you will approach it? as an up sale, or adjust your pricing and offer it as a standard function to draw more clients?

Seems like an important enough topic to dedicate an entire thread to it.

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Helen

As a rule of thumb, I recommend charging (at least) three times as much as something costs us; plus, I like to charge ending in 9.

1/3 for the actual cost
1/3 for implementing
1/3 for profit

If you followed this rule, you might conclude to charge 3 x $19 or $59.

If you charge $59 - your incremental expense times three - you are WAY UNDER VALUING THE DELIVERABLE.

(Base your pricing on VALUE - not your COST - as long as your VALUE exceeds your COST by a multiple of three.)

Instead of $59, I suggest consider four other pricing strategies:

1. For residential real estate agent client clients, include at no additional charge in your bundled pricing. It's likely that most of your residential real estate agent clients will not see value in it - you will have a what comes first the chicken or egg conversation - so it is too soon to have a pricing conversation.

For all other businesses; especially business to business (B2B):

1. If you charge $499 for a Matterport Spaces 3D Tour, consider charging $499 for a Matterport CoreVR tour experience.
2. If the client orders both 3D and VR, consider charging $998 (double)
3. If the client orders both 3D and VR, consider charging $500 + $250 = $749

Again, what is the value of the service you deliver: not your incremental cost.

I could imagine, B2B clients such as furniture showrooms and event spaces, will value the VR.

I look forward to hearing what other Matterport Pros are thinking about when it comes to pricing.

Anyone disabling the default VR view on existing client models to go back to the client to offer this feature as an option extra?

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Standard
Winter Haven, Florida
FloridaProperties private msg quote post Address this user
This is when competitors will offer it for free just to get the business/scan.

Charging is the way to go but tough to control pricing if others will offer it free or not.

Comments?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@FloridaProperties - I agree. When it only takes a quick Google search to find out how much Matterport is charging, I find myself unable to charge over $19. It would be nice if Matterport would allow us to pay a subscription fee for CoreVR, which would allow us more flexibility in charging, potentially making a profit, or just lowering our cost if we scan in high volume.

There's also the fact that it's nice to ALWAYS have this even if the client wouldn't care. I believe that it is good for Matterport's platform to always represent itself as a platform that includes VR.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Other thoughts?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
Why is Matterport charging service partners extra for VR?(I know to make more money) If they can instantly have all models vr enabled it was obviously just a little piece of code. I agree with @Metroplex360 with MP price easily searchable how can service providers charge more? I believe it should be included in the subscription price we are already paying. I have seen many articles over the last week announcing that MP is the biggest VR contributor converting all these models at once. Come Jan 1 that will be at our cost. Having vr included in the price would be a great selling feature. A lot of my clients were excited with the VR announcement but the first question was how much? When you keep adding cost it deters people. MP is already an expensive platform and with houses selling in days no matter what it's like MP is a hard sell. It does help realtors stand out from the crowd but at a big expense to them. Most feel why do I have to spend all this extra money when it will sell anyway? I can supply a full motion walk through video for about a 3rd of the cost I would charge for a MP. Most times with adding on aerial video it is still less expensive then what the charge would be to have a MP done on the same property. I love the MP platform but it is expensive for me and my clients.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
To include VR in my pricing just to cover the $19 U.S. I would have to raise my rates by 1 cent a square foot. As that $19 works out to about $26 Canadian give or take depending on exchange rates the property would have to be 2600 sqft to cover the extra cost.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@Helen - Yikes Helen! That makes it VERY hard for you to justify! Plus, VR is in MANY cases a neat feature that won't be heavily used -- it's NICE to have it just to be consistent, but when clients are asked to pay for it, they might just opt-out!!!

I -really- hope they will think of a recurring plan to bill us for the feature -- and perhaps have additionaly bonus 'Pro' features... perhaps included in the highest price plan, or available as an add-on?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
We are charging $50 NZ dollars for the VR. We decided on this number for a number of reasons - we want people to use the service, therefore it needs to be achievable. We are still struggling to really get MP off the ground with Real Estate with a constant number of scans weekly so having this small additional cost will hopefully not scare them off! We need to cover ourselves for the NZ dollar getting weaker as well.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101437 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?