Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
q65 private msg quote post Address this user
How long took you a return on investment at the camera Matterport? (How many months?)
How many competitors do You have in Your area?
Post 1 IP   flag post
renderingreal private msg quote post Address this user
Rendering Real invested $10,000. All in with Matterport camera, tripod, high end cases, Phantom drone, ipad, custom hats, business cards, phone system domain name, website, tools like MP3D, Gear VR googles, etc.

We were lucky enough to partner with a local real estate agent who introduced us to her team. Went to a few broker open houses of our first 4 gigs (all done free to get a library of sample work).

We have been rebooked by all those first free realtors, and have new customers met at open houses. A few customers by being a MSP. Cold calling has failed. People need to see it an feel it.

3 months in, we had made $5,000 and thanks to a big commercial gig and others, we have grossed $15,000 in 5 months. Our list of loyal customers grows, but we really need to reinvest some of this money into a strong marketing campaign to get the word out.

Rendering Real believes the VR revolution is coming, and we have since invested in 4 GR Googles and matching Samsung Phones.

But the bottom line is, our investment has been returned, now we just need to make money!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
3 months, light competition and largely sold to existing clients who bought traditional 360 tours with hotspots and photos. First 90 days I found it hard to give away.

I attribute a snow ball effect with referrals and a growing portfolio to my personal success and have coupled it with region targeted pay per click which always gets s modest return on investment especially after a realtor convention or other convention that matterport is at.

Peripheral services like hdr photography, drone and street view have accelerated the profitability.

I highly suggest having an existing clientele or testing the waters of your own marketing potential by subcontracting out jobs first.
Post 3 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

it all depends on how you define "ROI". We also invested well over $10K (thanks to the poor Canadian $$, everything costs 30% more here!) on Matterport equipment only, then we added a drone, a 5D Mark3, tripods, sliders, etc... we offer the full package now. We have earned on this new venture more than what we spent IF WE DO NOT INCLUDE OUR TIME. Including our time, I think it will take at least a year or a year and a half to really make a profit.

Here in Quebec, we have to educate everybody. Market is slow and realtors are cheap (so cheap!)... Not a great combo for quick success.
Competition is growing everyday. In a way, it's good because the more people that hear about Matterport, the better... but it's hard to believe that with over 6000 realtors in the great Montreal area alone, we've only made about 70 scans so far...

I remain optimistic about the future though

Matt
Post 4 IP   flag post
101646 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?